What's new

Jazz Play Houston Today

And I like how Exum is driving but he still avoids contact a little too much, opting for difficult outstretched finishes around people instead of making them foul him.

Still a night/day difference from where he was a rookie year in terms of his willingness to bring it into the paint and he does some cool/nifty things around the rim I see few other plays do.

Dante Exum is starting to show some signs offensively that suggest his doubters will have much crow to chow down on.;) Up until now, I've been cautiously optimistic about him, and I can honestly say that I'm now legitimately excited about his future.
Funny post after a game that he was 4-11 with one more assist than a dead man.

It's more about being aggressive and the flashes shows with some of his moves. He still has a long ways to go, but the signs of legitimate progress are undeniable and great considering how much basketball he has missed the last 3 years of his life.

Two separate things about James Harden amaze me. And then these two things multiply together, for quadruple-amazement:

1. The amount of shoving and grabbing he gets away with
2. The number of borderline calls he gets in his favor (as an offensive player)

He's a stupid sideshow. His entire game depends on the referees.

I was going to post earlier that the NBA needs to have a mandatory class for all refs that studies all the stuff that Harden gets away with. They could use this class to get a clue about officiating.

Dante Exum is starting to show some signs offensively that suggest his doubters will have much crow to chow down on.;) Up until now, I've been cautiously optimistic about him, and I can honestly say that I'm now legitimately excited about his future.

Same.

True. His stat line was actually pretty miserable. But the eyes don't deceive, he's figuring it out right now and when he does he's going to be good. And of course there's his defense...

Dante Exum is starting to show some signs offensively that suggest his doubters will have much crow to chow down on. Up until now, I've been cautiously optimistic about him, and I can honestly say that I'm now legitimately excited about his future.

You're better than this(I think). I don't think any reasonable person expects him to become an offensive force overnight. The point is, not only is he showing more aggressiveness, but he has shown some elite ability in some of the moves he's made.

I need to learn how to pick out a play and post a video of it. There was a play against the Bulls when the score, I think, was about 12 to 5, where Exum drove to the rim in traffic, and used his length in a sweeping layup over/around several defenders that was a thing of beauty. Multiple reps for anyone who posts a video of that play, or even better, a highlight reel of Dante's last two games. That block at the rim on Portis should be included.;)

You're better than this(I think). I don't think any reasonable person expects him to become an offensive force overnight. The point is, not only is he showing more aggressiveness, but he has shown some elite ability in some of the moves he's made.

I need to learn how to pick out a play and post a video of it. There was a play against the Bulls when the score, I think, was about 12 to 5, where Exum drove to the rim in traffic, and used his length in a sweeping layup over/around several defenders that was a thing of beauty. Multiple reps for anyone who posts a video of that play, or even better, a highlight reel of Dante's last two games. That block at the rim on Portis should be included.;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpvbU5cl_C4
I don't think the block is in there.

Thought Exum was a lockdown defender? Because I saw Harden take his shoes off. Funny that I am once again going be proven right. Yall said top 4 and I said fighting for the 7th and 8th seed and maybe not even get in. Jazz are not very good. No stars. Stars win in this league, See Harden abuse yall.

True. His stat line was actually pretty miserable. But the eyes don't deceive, he's figuring it out right now and when he does he's going to be good. And of course there's his defense...

I saw that defense on Harden when Harden TOOK his feet from under him.. Exum is still so raw.Good news is maybe yall get lucky with the lottery balls this year and land a top 3 pick and if you do id trade down to around 10 and grab the Mormon kid from Duke. He is a bigtime player and he would actually sign with yall

Thought Exum was a lockdown defender? Because I saw Harden take his shoes off. Funny that I am once again going be proven right. Yall said top 4 and I said fighting for the 7th and 8th seed and maybe not even get in. Jazz are not very good. No stars. Stars win in this league, See Harden abuse yall.

Harden is considered one of the best offensive players in the league. Exum is basically a rookie or sophomore at best. Also, if that's your point, Exum had plenty of great offensive moments of his own tonight.

The Jazz probably still need a franchise player to build around. Hayward is good, but he's not a star. Maybe the injury is bothering him and maybe he'll come around as the year progresses. He was clearly outplayed by Butler and Harden these last two games. It puts the Jazz at a disadvantage when he can't match their intensity and threat to score the ball.

The Jazz probably still need a franchise player to build around. Hayward is good, but he's not a star. Maybe the injury is bothering him and maybe he'll come around as the year progresses. He was clearly outplayed by Butler and Harden these last two games. It puts the Jazz at a disadvantage when he can't match their intensity and threat to score the ball.

You are normally a pretty good poster, yet this post reeks of casual fan who forgets Favors and Hill missing from this game. Not even going to mention 6 man Burks.

I'm just going to start predicting this every time I see anyone dismiss the impact of injuries to important players. Utah is in the top tier with GS, SA, and the Clips, when healthy.

Not going to forget you said Portland was the better team, either.;)

Our system sucks. For 15 seconds we swing the ball with 4 players barely moving if at all followed by a couple of drive and kicks resulting either in a fairly contested 3pter or attempt at the rim or fairly open long two.
If the refs feel like calling touch fouls then we get tons offree throws and call it a "grinding game". If not then we are an average jumpshooting team who have its night at times.

As the result offensive minded teams like Portland, gsw and the rockets will have our number most times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk