What's new

Jazz Play The Magic: A Gamethread 7pm Mountain TIme

PS -- I think we overdo the "wake-up!" yell from Quin a couple of years ago. I'm not saying it's a totally one-time thing. But it's certainly not what we've seen as his dominant in-game persona, even in blowout losses.
Then I'll go with Quin's "move the ****ing ball!" to Exum as he subbed him out.

Reactions: 8
Also, unrelated, but has anyone noticed Quin being more vocal this year on the court, or is it just that the mics are now picking it up? I swear, every possession he's yelling things that I can't imagine everyone is able to understand and process what he's saying while they're reacting to movement on the floor. It's almost like color commentary. He speaks more than Boler.

Jesus, you and JazzyFresh are entitled pieces of work.

But maybe you know more about what’s going on than Joe Ingles. More about the NBA grind. More about basketball. More about this team. Yeah, we should all listen to DasJazz and JazzyFresh from Jazzfanz.com and the scattered nameless and faceless dorks at the arena last night that were treated to a ****ing WIN. A win I’m sure you all will take credit for.

Thanks for the win, you did it. It’s about you.

Perhaps re-read what I wrote. I said the boos were due to a certain effort being shown, not the losing in general, nothing entitled about that but way to drunk-post. Also, thanks for the props, I like to think I give the Jazz good luck with my super-fandom so when they win I do feel somewhat responsible!

I doubt it. I think they are internally motivated to win. I doubt they discussed the boos at halftime.
The only people discussing the Booz at halftime are the Shanghai Sharks each time they face the Guangdong Southern Tigers.

Speaking of Hood, he's missing games with yet another injury. I feel bad for the guy but we did the right thing getting rid of him.

Moving him for Crowder on the contract Crowder is on was straight highway robbery.

I took Ingles comments more as a reflection on what might really energize the team more. There are times in OKC if the team is dragging the crowd will start getting loud, people will all stand, they'll stand and cheer until the team gets two defensive stops or two buckets. If Utah had a tradition like that to try and energize the team when it's looking so bleak that would be pretty cool, and help fans deal with the restlessness in a way that might psychologically boost the players. You know, home court advantage.

Tbh, this from Joe Ingles is one of the reasons I don't love him (just cause he is an Aussie). He plays the larrikin easy going cool dude Aussie, but deep down is fiercely competitive (which is good) but then thinks that he is above being booed by passionate fans? It's their love for the team that brings them booing - not indifference or 'objectivity'.

Give me a break.

Hell, fans should boo them more often if it helps motivate them to come out and obliterate their opponents in the second half.

Tbh, the only player I see bring it every single night to the same level of intensity and output is Gobert.

Ingles should never forget the plight of the regular fan...

I doubt it. I think they are internally motivated to win. I doubt they discussed the boos at halftime.
I hope you know that my post was completely joking. I don't think they discussed the boos in the locker room at half time at all.

I didn't make it clear that I was joking about that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

100% its transactional... but without interest and fans the money disappears... money is what allows them to make a fabulous living playing the sport. Didn't mean to make it seem like a charity... but there is a disdain/belittling for the fans/media that some players have (joe isn't one... more like the KDs of the world) that bugs me at times.

Joe is 100% right with the "hey we want to do well too" the only part that bugged me was just the "eat popcorn, enjoy their little date night" part that has a tone I don't love. Just could have done without that part. He was probably a little salty and rightfully so... they didn't deserve the smattering of boos last night... so again.. imma say that was referring to the bad/casual fans that don't understand that sometimes shots don't go in or things don't work like you want them too.

I agree. Belittling....eat popcorn blah.
No different to Durant - "Shut up and watch the ****ing game". At least Durant was addressing opposing fans.

And even though he wasn't great he still had a positive impact on the game. I remember the floater bucket and then steal and fast break finish with Nikola all over him at a very crucial part of the game.
He was a plus 22 in his 31 minutes. Highest on the entire team.

He played quite good defense despite having some very bad calls against him (there was one that should have been a charge on DJ). Him getting into that ruckus on the floor might have even caused a spark in aggression and emotion for the team.

Tbh, I think I might prefer him over Rubio and X.

He is shooting 51% from the field, 33% from 3 (his 0-5 last night brought that down a fair bet I'm guessing), and 93% from the free throw line. I know the sample size is small and often against backups in garbage time yada yada yada but I think all three of those shooting% are better than X or Rubio.

I'm kinda excited to see what he can do while those other guys are injured.

Would be hilarious if the jazz went undefeated with neto as our only point guard and he played great and ended up taking the starting job when everyone is healthy.

I def like the guy. Is pure baller and plays with high IQ and proficiency.

I just can't agree it is good for the Jazz longterm if he shows up the other two. Just doesn't have the ceiling of X in particular.

But I totally get where you're coming from, with his reliable shot and other things. (And the fact he is neither X or Rubio so is in no way a polarising figure)...

Jesus, you and JazzyFresh are entitled pieces of work.

But maybe you know more about what’s going on than Joe Ingles. More about the NBA grind. More about basketball. More about this team. Yeah, we should all listen to DasJazz and JazzyFresh from Jazzfanz.com and the scattered nameless and faceless dorks at the arena last night that were treated to a ****ing WIN. A win I’m sure you all will take credit for.

Thanks for the win, you did it. It’s about you.

Entitled? Entitled to what exactly? I gave my opinion on fans booing and how the Jazz were playing below their level. What a truthfully stupid childish post.

Last edited:
I agree. Belittling....eat popcorn blah.
No different to Durant - "Shut up and watch the ****ing game". At least Durant was addressing opposing fans.

yeah the "have their little date night" kindof raised my eyebrow. Dunno if it was the best thing to say. I wouldn't boo but i was pretty taken aback by the lack of effort defensively in the first half.

I def like the guy. Is pure baller and plays with high IQ and proficiency.

I just can't agree it is good for the Jazz longterm if he shows up the other two. Just doesn't have the ceiling of X in particular.

But I totally get where you're coming from, with his reliable shot and other things. (And the fact he is neither X or Rubio so is in no way a polarising figure)...
Ya good post. You are probably right