What's new

Jazz players at the World Cup

I don't want him to contain a thing. The Jazz need FIRE. Rudy can bring it!

I hear that. I don't him to play with no fire, I just want him to control it. I don't want him fouling out, or being too spazzy.
If he can focus that fire he will make a lot of impact on games. I can't wait to watch him this year.

Two things that aren't getting mentioned.

-Gobert plays so hard. He gives a lot of effort. He might have to work on containing that energy, and being focused this year.

-He's running so well down the court. He looks like hes in great shape.

I just feel he has the will to fight, and a competitive spirit. We need that.

You've made a good point. We have all seen what it did to Derrick Rose.

I wish Yugoslavia never broke up for basketball purposes. How bad *** would a combo Serbia/Crotia/Slovenia team be right now? I think Serbia can still give us a game tomorrow, but that probably would've been our legit International rival for decades in basketball if they were still together.

I wish Yugoslavia never broke up for basketball purposes. How bad *** would a combo Serbia/Crotia/Slovenia team be right now? I think Serbia can still give us a game tomorrow, but that probably would've been our legit International rival for decades in basketball if they were still together.

Goran Dragic - Bojagdan Bogdanovic - Hezonja - Saric - Vucevic. That team in 4 years ;)

They would probably beat the US in some years, honestly. "Yugoslavian" coaches tend to be among the worlds best, which only helps their case. Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia, and Bosnia all have NBA payers in their resumes. I'm sure it's a mere matter of time before theres one from Kosovo as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Y_A8LTUH0

FWIW: I can't imagine Serbia winning the game tomorrow. If there was a team Yugoslavia this year, I'd bet it'd be a close game.

Xh6mi50.png

SIPAHI HEADS ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM
U18 MEN
Turkeys Kenan Sipahi was named Tournament MVP
Kenan Sipahi was voted MVP of the U18 European Championship 2013
In a tournament dominated by big men, it was tall Turkish point guard Kenan Sipahi collecting the U18 European Championship MVP award and a spot on the All Tournament Team.
A player whose stats do not always reveal his true class, Sipahi battled of a nagging knee injury to take the Turkish team on his shoulders and march them to the finals.
It is the little things he does well that mark his true character as a player such as his no look assists to set up his big men for morale-boosting dunks; and game changing plays, such as his late steal against Latvia in their Second Round encounter.
But once they were in the final Sipahi provided the ultimate MVP performace, nailing back-to-back daggers in the third frame to turn an even contested game into a Turkish enslaught.
The charismatic guard ended the gold medal game with a game-high 19 points and six assists, taking his overall tournament tallys to 10.9 points and 5 assists-a-game.
Joining Sipahi in the All Tournament Team are Latvian big men Kristaps Porzingis and Anzejs Pasecniks; and the Croatian pairing of Paolo Marinelli and Domagoj Bosnjak.
Latvia's most reliable offensive option, Pasecniks paced the host nation with 12.6 points and 7.7 rebounds-per-game, catching the eye of the selection panel as Latvia reached the semi-finals before suffering a heart-wrenching loss to Croatia.
The tournament's most dominant defensive presence, Porzingis averaged 10 rebounds and a Championship-high 4.9 blocked shots-a-night.
In the bronze medal game he fell just shy of recording a triple-double with 11 points, 15 rebounds and nine blocked shots.
Marinelli's best work came at the tournament's end. The point guard led the team with 22 points and nine assists in a quarter-final win over Russia before adding 16 and five in Croatia's semi-final victory against host nation Latvia.
Marinelli paced the Croatian offence in the first half of the Championship Final, scoring 12 points before finishing with 14.
Bosnjak was another standout member of a Croatian side that featured a number of capable scorers en route to the silver medal.
The 1.97m small forward averaged 9.6 points and 5.8 rebounds-per-game over the course of the tournament, including games of 26 and 19 points in Group Stage encounters against Italy and Turkey.
Serbia head coach Aleksandar Bucan was presented with the Fair Play Award for his outstanding sportsmanship behaviour throughout the tournament.

I dunno if Towns is a better prospect, but it seems to me Towns' game would go much better with Gobert who's a true center. By all accounts Towns has a very nice face up offensive game, has a solid stroke and his range is out to the 3pt line.

He's the perfect offensive "stretch 4" to go with Gobert IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoHfZOdh2pk

If you're drafting top 5, you don't worry about who is going to pair better with a player like Rudy Gobert, you take the best player available. This isn't rocket science.

Is Rudy a nice player? Yeah…but he's not the type of player that I'm going to draft around. He's irrelevant when it comes to drafting top talent.

If you're drafting top 5, you don't worry about who is going to pair better with a player like Rudy Gobert, you take the best player available. This isn't rocket science.

Is Rudy a nice player? Yeah…but he's not the type of player that I'm going to draft around. He's irrelevant when it comes to drafting top talent.

Drafting BPA only makes sense to me if 1 player is CLEARLY better than the other.

If they're pretty even then I'd go with positional need every time (saves you having to try and rejig your roster later on).

Drafting BPA only makes sense to me if 1 player is CLEARLY better than the other.

If they're pretty even then I'd go with positional need every time (saves you having to try and rejig your roster later on).

You said you would draft based on which one pairs with Gobert better. That's stupid logic.

They would probably beat the US in some years, honestly. "Yugoslavian" coaches tend to be among the worlds best, which only helps their case. Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia, and Bosnia all have NBA payers in their resumes. I'm sure it's a mere matter of time before theres one from Kosovo as well

Yeah, Fran Chinchilla was hyping the young Macedonian team the other day during one of the games. Said to look out for them in the future. So throwing all those "others" that aren't in the FIBA world cup currently into the list too just makes it all that much better. It's pretty crazy though considering the population. Maybe 25 million people or so in that area now and I don't remember them ever having a lull in good players over the years if you combined the lot since Yugo dissolved. Meanwhile, a country like China that is decently obsessed with basketball, that has 1.4 billion people, can't even qualify for the World Cup.

I just like those guys. Most of the top level guys in that part of the world play liked they are always pissed off and actually care about the outcome......and also have skills. Always a fun combo to watch.

Yeah, Fran Chinchilla was hyping the young Macedonian team the other day during one of the games. Said to look out for them in the future. So throwing all those "others" that aren't in the FIBA world cup currently into the list too just makes it all that much better. It's pretty crazy though considering the population. Maybe 25 million people or so in that area now and I don't remember them ever having a lull in good players over the years if you combined the lot since Yugo dissolved. Meanwhile, a country like China that is decently obsessed with basketball, that has 1.4 billion people, can't even qualify for the World Cup.

I just like those guys. Most of the top level guys in that part of the world play liked they are always pissed off and actually care about the outcome......and also have skills. Always a fun combo to watch.

Believe he was actually talking about Latvia. Actually had a Latvian on the team at the college I worked at. Of course Porzingis is Latvian. They love their basketball in the Baltics.

Reactions: MVP
Believe he was actually talking about Latvia. Actually had a Latvian on the team at the college I worked at. Of course Porzingis is Latvian. They love their basketball in the Baltics.

I do remember hearing a Latvia from him, so that just might be it, but I swear he threw a Macedonia mention in there too as an up and coming team. I don't know. It seems really hard for those little countries to be good anyhow. But when they are, it's impressive. Slovenia needs to adopt a couple of good bigs to go along with the Dragic brothers.

I do remember hearing a Latvia from him, so that just might be it, but I swear he threw a Macedonia mention in there too as an up and coming team. I don't know. It seems really hard for those little countries to be good anyhow. But when they are, it's impressive. Slovenia needs to adopt a couple of good bigs to go along with the Dragic brothers.
Seems like they should use the one naturalized player for this purpose. They were really soft up front.

Looks like maybe all the team usa haters in this thread that were saying that they picked the wrong players on the team, coach K sucks as a coach, the offense sucks, team usa is not very good, etc etc were wrong.

They won by an average of 35 pts per game and never won by less than 21. Complete domination without Durant, LeBron, kobe, griffin, cp3, love etc etc.