What's new

Jazz players at the World Cup

Exum back on court in the fourth with 6 to go. Dunks in transition ... and then follows it with a good defensive possession and a steal.
Add a couple of assists. One of them was after he entered the paint, got scared and lost the dribble but recovered with a pass to Motum for the easy layup.
Another good penetration and dish to Jawai for two handed dunk.

Now that's more like it.

Dante goes to the hoop again, but misses the layup.
Again goes to the hoop and finishes through contact, no foul given.

Exum final statline: 4pts, 2/6 FG, 0/1 3PT, 3Ast, 1st, 1to in about 13 minutes of play.
Motum: 8pts, 3/7FG, 2/2FT, 2rbs, 1st

Tomic - 5pts, 0/3FG, 5/6FT, 6rbs, 4ast, 1to in 21 minutes of play. Completely dominated by Scola who finished with 30pts, 9rbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: MVP
Dante on fire ;p

He enjoyed the garbage time pace - but hopefully it loosens him up a bit. He got a bit of a swagger towards the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rudy gives up way too many and1s....
Nice rebound for Rudy...
GOBERT! Two handed dunk through contact. Makes the FT too.
Gobert with the Offensive Reb, can't finish the layup. Takes the defensive rebound in next possession.
Rudy out.
Serbia plays great basketball.
End of first half. Rudy with 3pts, 3rbs(1/2FG, 1/1FT) in about 4 minutes of play... Rudy is having some problem in defense with physical center like Raduljica.

Rudy back in with 5 to go in the third. Rudy give up another and1 :(
Gobert goes to his off hand in the paint. Draws a foul... Misses the first... and the second :(

End of game, France managed to pull that one off. Rudy with 3pts(1/2FG, 1/3FT), 5rbs in 12 mins of play.

Last edited:
A story on Raul Neto from the FIBA site:

https://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/news/Raulzinho-inspiring-for-Brazil
Raulzinho inspiring for Brazil
f8fe0b0e6825.jpg

GRANADA (FIBA Basketball World Cup) - Over the past few years, Raul Neto has been tipped as a potential leader for Brazil in years to come, and in Saturday's 65-63 triumph over France he showed why in their 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup opener in Granada.

"Raulzinho", as he is known, was the inspiring force Brazil needed to overcome a sloppy start against the EuroBasket 2013 champions.

France led by as many as seven points early in the game, until the 22-year-old - the youngest in a squad with an average age of 31 - came off the bench, replacing team captain Marcelinho Huertas and scored four straight points to give Brazil a 28-26 half-time lead.

Although Huertas made the biggest impact for the South American with a game-high 16 points, Raulzinho, who poured in six points and an impressive ball handling, was credited for reinventing his team's offense game during his 17 minutes spent on floor.

Even after the break, head coach Ruben Magnano picked Neto to restart, over Huertas.

"Every time he comes in the game, he controls the tempo, and always brings something new," Huertas said afterwards.

"It does not matter how long I spend on the bench because there is always someone coming up to contribute to the team, and he (Raulzinho) did well."

Raulzinho, who plays for UCAM Murcia in the Spanish ACB Liga Endesa, is playing in his second World Cup, after making his debut at Turkey 2010 at the age of 18, and he had only one thing in mind when he is to discuss his presence in the national team.

"I just want to help the team," he said.

Although Huertas is only nine years his senior, Raulzinho says the FC Barcelona point guard has played a part in his passion for the game of basketball and has been the player he always admired and wanted to emulate.

"He has been my inspiration over the years. When I started to play basketball he was already playing for the national team. Now it is a realization to me to be playing alongside him," Neto said.

Huertas, who made his debut for the senior team at the 2005 FIBA Americas Championship at the age of 22, responded: "He (Raulzinho) is already a great player. He keeps improving his game every day, and I hope he can become a top player not only in Europe but potentially in the NBA."

Nine of the players in this Brazil squad represented the country at the FIBA World Championship four years ago, and 11 out of 12 played at the 2012 London Olympics.

And, if there is one potential fit to wear the green-yellow jersey at 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics, Raulzinho is clearly one of them.

Brazil face Iran on Sunday, before facing the host nation on Monday.

Neto in with 2:40 to go in the first for Brazil vs Iran.
Oh wow! Great skill and drive to finish the quarter, but missed the floater.
Blocked on the drive to the hoop in transition.
Great couple of defensive possessions for Neto - first forced the turnover, then stole the ball and made a great behind the back pass to Nene for the dunk in transition.
And one more steal!! And a layup for Neto in transition. Damn, he's a pest in defense. Makes me regret not bringing him in Utah for the season instead of looking at Murray and Clark to be our third PGs.
Neto back in with 4:30 to go in the third.
Another great defensive play from Neto - blocks a shot from behind.
Neto out.

Last edited:
I know it's so unAmerican but I hope Turkey wins this game. I know it's the same style that's been annihilating teams but it feels like I'm watching the NBA All-Star game when I watch us out there and I just can't root for that. Plus, I love rooting for the underdog. Go Turkey!!!

Probably Turkey will lose in the second half due to overall lack of talent/depth; but I am sure other teams coaches are taking notes on how to beat USA.

I know it's so unAmerican but I hope Turkey wins this game. I know it's the same style that's been annihilating teams but it feels like I'm watching the NBA All-Star game when I watch us out there and I just can't root for that. Plus, I love rooting for the underdog. Go Turkey!!!

Nothing wrong with rooting for the huge underdog in a bball game. US apparently thinks stepping on the floor is enough to win.

Which Turkish player impressed you the most? Savaş? Akyol? Güler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A DNP for Drummond?

Note: This US team is pretty beatable. You saw that today. Two stupid turnovers killed us. Keep in mind they played against the worst Turkish team in about two decades.

Manimal and The Brow ftw

Boogie cousins looked like garbage