What's new

Jazz Pre-Draft Workouts 2015

Work out #1 media notes.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=34526448&nid=294&title=utah-jazz-pre-draft-workout-day-1

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody
Quin Snyder isn't with the team this week, but he'll play a major role in workouts when he returns. Assistant Brad Jones runs the workouts.

Per DJjazzy Jody....walt Perrin reminds him that Bryce Cotton was in the first group last year. This draft doesn't have any stars. And Jerry Sloan was there today with DoL.

Jazz have another workout tomorrow.

I absolutely love that the management is spending the money to turn over every rock and look around every corner to find a hidden gem. It will pay off in the long run!

I absolutely love that the management is spending the money to turn over every rock and look around every corner to find a hidden gem. It will pay off in the long run!
And I think these workouts help create a "watch" list...players who aren't ready now but show some promise and might develop in the DLeague or overseas. I'm sure the Jazz had kept tabs on Elijah. Obviously they knew Jingles was a decent player. So hidden gems like a Matthews or getting a look at the next Cotton. Contributors may come from various places...and who knows when that 11th/12th guy on the roster may need to step up.

Jazz working out Richaun Holmes tomorrow. He is actually projected to be a 2nd rounder and is very intriguing.

Here are some of the players that will be worked out tomorrow:

CEWiCIrWMAEoA6L.jpg

Holmes, Scott and Atkins are top 100 prospects on DX's list. All of them are more recognizable than the players we worked out today.

Here are some of the players that will be worked out tomorrow:

CEWiCIrWMAEoA6L.jpg

Holmes, Scott and Atkins are top 100 prospects on DX's list. All of them are more recognizable than the players we worked out today.

Lol at Utah including phonetic pronunciations for Traevon and Richaun.

Atkins has some nice measurements.

6'7 with a 7'2 wingspan and 240 lb frame. 30'' no-step vertical. Undersized and strong athletic 4.

Atkins has some nice measurements.

6'7 with a 7'2 wingspan and 240 lb frame. 30'' no-step vertical. Undersized and strong athletic 4.

I remember seeing Atkins as disciplined, excellent help and on the ball defender.

I remember seeing Atkins as disciplined, excellent help and on the ball defender.

Yah, Virginia played excellent defense altogether. He's a well-coached player for sure.

I wonder what the numbers included mean? Do you think it's possible they are numbers of the players on our board? Lol, that would be really sloppy...

Yah, Virginia played excellent defense altogether. He's a well-coached player for sure.

I wonder what the numbers included mean? Do you think it's possible they are numbers of the players on our board? Lol, that would be really sloppy...

Scott and Jackson had very modest numbers and shooting percentages their last year.

It's the jersey numbers they wear. You get some kind of jersey that you keep when you come in for a workout. Some guy at school here has one from when he worked out for the Pacers.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...ryce-Cotton-at-pre-draft-workouts.html?pg=all

“Dennis has always said no matter how many of these workouts we do — and we try to do a lot of them — if we get one (player), it’s been successful,” Perrin said. “So all of the workouts we did last year were successful because we got Bryce Cotton out of it.”

Seems to be the case that no team taps into this source more then the Utah Jazz. I think they entertain more players in this manner then anyone else.....

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...ryce-Cotton-at-pre-draft-workouts.html?pg=all

“Dennis has always said no matter how many of these workouts we do — and we try to do a lot of them — if we get one (player), it’s been successful,” Perrin said. “So all of the workouts we did last year were successful because we got Bryce Cotton out of it.”

Seems to be the case that no team taps into this source more then the Utah Jazz. I think they entertain more players in this manner then anyone else.....

Sounds like fluff. Bryce was brought up because he was doing crazy effeciency .473/.452/.900 for the Austin Spurs

Sounds like fluff. Bryce was brought up because he was doing crazy effeciency .473/.452/.900 for the Austin Spurs
I think it's a combination of both. Jazz get an idea of the type of player someone is, his athleticism, etc. via the workouts. Could be a deciding factor if there are 2-3 players they're considering for 10-days. This year there's an added reason to bring in a lot of players since the Jazz now have their own DLeague team.

I think it's a combination of both. Jazz get an idea of the type of player someone is, his athleticism, etc. via the workouts. Could be a deciding factor if there are 2-3 players they're considering for 10-days. This year there's an added reason to bring in a lot of players since the Jazz now have their own DLeague team.

Good article in the DN today about T.J. Price and Jeremy Evans and what a good guy Jeremy is and how T.J. wants to emulate him. Price had good stats at WKU.

There are a decent amount of dudes putting up very good stats in the D-League. Why didn't we get those guys instead? It's not just fluff.

From Lockes summary of Lindsey's radio bit this morning

https://weareutahjazz.com/lockedonjazz/2015/05/21/insider-dennis-lindsey-on-the-draft-process/

The crew is on the West Coast to see agent sponsored workouts. They are currently in Santa Barbara. Remember the Jazz have the strong tie with P3 where numerous draftees are working out including Kelly Oubre Jr.

Also...

More players than normal in the 12th spot are in play. That is what is unusual of this draft. Usually a tighter set of prospects

Listen to entire interview here. https://1280thezone.com/index.php/story/read/dj_pk_dennis_lindsey_utah_jazz_general_manager

Lindsey said he was in Santa Barbara this morning and LA this afternoon. Eric Pincus: At UCSB to see some BDA Sports prospects work out for teams. Danny Ainge, Dennis Lindsey, Gary Sacks, Kevin Pritchard, Pete D'Alessandro, Mitch Richmond, Sean Marks, John Hammond, Sam Hinkie here.

This is who the Jazz saw this morning...
BDA Sports Day - Rookies: Andrew Harrison, Chasson Randle, Derrick Marks, Tyler Haws, Marko Mladjan, David Kravish, Joseph Young, Desi Washington, Aaron Harrison, Josh Richardson, Brandon Ashley, Vincent Hunter, Nnanna Egwu, Robert Upshaw, Kelly Oubre, Alex Zhigulin, Stanley Johnson, Frank Kaminsky.