What's new

Jazz researching new Jersey design for 2024-25

The sooner they get rid of these ugly black, white and yellow jerseys the better. Glad they are asking for fan input this time around, if they had done that the first time this whole rebrand debacle could have been avoided.

I honestly think the initial rebrand could have been a cash grab from a new owner. I wonder how much money they made or the cost of the color rebrand.
I can't imagine the rebrand actually made them any money. At least not yet. Marketing on that level, along with development and production costs of the new designs, new floor, new paint everywhere, is highly expensive. They really on it being popular enough to see a bump in merch sales, that's what pays for the marketing of a new brand, hopefully. But it's a strongly lagging indicator. They need to listen to the feedback so they don't get themselves stuck in a crappy situation. So is doubtful they were trying to grab any cash as marketing on this level just doesn't work like that. It'll take years to fully recoup the investment, especially because your are talking about marginal increases on already existing merch sales. And it might never. I'm fact my bet is they are looking at a possible resign so soon because the earliest results are in from their sales analysis and it isn't driving any kind of increase they expected. Time to cut losses and get something out there the fans can get behind.

Again, this is 13-year-old Ryan Smith putting cool new stickers on his action figures. Once he got his cool new color scheme out there and the numbers just didn't support the fantasy he had in his head when he designed those awesome jerseys on his Jr high school notebook, now he has to look at the real money being lost and think about it like a business. The bean -counters will offset his playing with his new toy like a hobby.

The best thing they could do would be to revert back to the dark mode or something similar. Maybe tweak it a bit so it has more of a yellow highlight and more black, but still something more acceptable by those spending their money. I'll never buy a black and highlighter yellow jersey. Just won't. My merchandising dollars won't be there. I imagine many others won't either. So it makes sense they are considering a redesign already.

Nah we need more yellow. Paint the court yellow and the seats. Refs wear yellow too so we don't see them. they're invisible anyways. Spread the yellow fever now

Fellas, I need more blue. I really need Smith to explore the space. Explore the space, Smith.

Last edited:
Fellas, I need more blue. I really need Smith to explore the space. Explore the space, Smith.
To be fair, in the Pacers game we were watching refs all the time and barely saw the players, so league office probably thought its time to balance it out in the Blazers game.

Why would the Utah Jazz want the new uniforms to look like a New Jersey design?

I'm not sure how I feel about this... Sounds like they are going with some of the fan mock ups? No offense as I'm sure there are plenty of talented fans out there, but the whole re-design and color scheme needs to be undone, not redone again.

I'm not sure how I feel about this... Sounds like they are going with some of the fan mock ups? No offense as I'm sure there are plenty of talented fans out there, but the whole re-design and color scheme needs to be undone, not redone again.
This. The articles I have seen about it sound like they are just redoing the design using the existing colors, so we will still get highlighter yellow and black jerseys just with some different design elements. Yuck.