What's new

Jazz Select... Daniel Diez

Is this the Diez Nutz guy all the kids are talking about?

Just watched McFarland USA last night. Quote of the Movie, "That's not Danny Diaz!!!!" Nope, guess it wasn't.

Honestly, that was my favorite pick of the night.

Basketball gods hate me. I discovered that when I realized I was rooting for LeBron in the finals just so GSW would lose... and didn't care if the league rigged it. But they still lost.

FML

Rooting against smart management usually ends in disappointment. Utah has nobody to blame but themselves over losing that pick, because they decided to make a run at playoffs with a regressing team built on a flawed foundation. KOC deciding to step down was no coincidence. He dropped the ball and he knew it, and that comes from a long time KOC apologist. Time to let go of the GS hate, as they were obviously smart to dump Ellis and go in a different direction. There should be absolutely NO question whatsoever about any of that now.

So apparently they traded Daniel Diez for cash. When a team does this what is this cash used for?

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 38m38 minutes ago

The Portland Trail Blazers sent $1.5 million to the Utah Jazz for the 54th pick (Daniel Diez) @BBallInsiders

We got some cash...more than others in similar or better position:
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 41m41 minutes ago

The Clippers sent an even $630,000 to New Orleans for Branden Dawson (56th pick) @BBallInsiders

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 39m39 minutes ago

The New York Knicks paid out $1.5 million to buy the 35th pick from the Philadelphia 76ers (Guillermo Hernangomez) @BBallInsiders

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 44m44 minutes ago

The Brooklyn Nets sent $880k to the trade to the Charlotte Hornets to buy 39th pick (Juan Pablo Vaulet) @BBallInsiders

We got some cash...more than others in similar or better position:

Wow. Jazz did well to get what they did, but I have to be honest that Id have been tempted to play like a big market team, and buy that 35th pick to draft Hernangomez, Christmas or Holmes. Still hoping for one more front-court guy to round out the rotation. Either Pleiss or Tomic will work fine, but I'd have been tempted nonetheless.

So apparently they traded Daniel Diez for cash. When a team does this what is this cash used for?
The team brought in over 100 players this year to look at. Lossa airline flights, meals, hotel rooms, whatever else involved, they sure could use some spare change.

The team brought in over 100 players this year to look at. Lossa airline flights, meals, hotel rooms, whatever else involved, they sure could use some spare change.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if money coming from a trade had to be put into anything specific or if it's just for the team to spend however they want.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if money coming from a trade had to be put into anything specific or if it's just for the team to spend however they want.
Probably to pay overtime and consulting fees for for all the personnel they brought in to look at 100 guys, only to decide there was no one they wanted with that late pick. They should have a few bucks left to order lunches for their summer league game days.

It goes to the owner. GM's do it so owner's feel better about buying stuff for the team and spending money.

It goes to the owner. GM's do it so owner's feel better about buying stuff for the team and spending money.

Nothing wrong with that. They've spent money to do more scouting (all the workouts) and beefed up the coaching/scouting staff every year since Dennis arrived. Essentially they get to do that for "free" by selling a likely useless pick to Mr. Moneybags in Portland.