Jerome Robinson
- seems like a likeable guy
- gives a great interview
- fearless offensive mentality in college

Collin Sexton
- seems like a likeable guy
- gives a great interview
- fearless offensive mentality in college

Anybody else feel like Robinson and Sexton were drafted higher than they should have been in part because teams are looking for "the next Donovan"?

Grayson 'Thiccpaddedhands' Allen has the same hand width as JJJ

Future Summer League legend Isaac "Double Double-A" Haas (that double-entendre) had the biggest hands at the combine. Half an inch wider than JJJ!

So just punt and don’t gamble at all... and trade the basketball asset for cash... that really doesn’t help the basketball side at all... but I’m sure it’s reinvested in the program since we are always spending big and buying up assets.

I mean that’s how GSW built their dynasty... and SA too they just gave those picks away for cash because the chances you hit are 5%-10%, so why bother. Smart management... jump way the hell over those dollars to grab at a few pennies.
I try and give a compliment to the Jazz and you get this out of it. Lol

I think it's possible that Grayson starts next to Donovan down the road. The kid has all the offensive tools to be a starter and I have faith in the work the coaching staff can do on his defense. If we ever got elite talent at SF or PF, he would seem to compliment everything so well.

In the meantime, I fully expect him to be an improvement over Burks and maybe even Hood for this upcoming season.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think it's possible that Grayson starts next to Donovan down the road. The kid has all the offensive tools to be a starter and I have faith in the work the coaching staff can do on his defense. If we ever got elite talent at SF or PF, he would seem to compliment everything so well.

In the meantime, I fully expect him to be an improvement over Burks and maybe even Hood for this upcoming season.

Starts where? At the 3, over Ingles? Over Rubio?

I just don't see it happening. He's not even taking over Royce's spot when Rubio is out...

Starts where? At the 3, over Ingles? Over Rubio?

I just don't see it happening. He's not even taking over Royce's spot when Rubio is out...
Rubio is only under contract for one more year.

DgRVQslUEAAliUe.jpg:large

The bar has been set extremely low. But I hear Lindsey replaced the balance test with the bathroom test. If a prospect has to use the toilet more than once during the workout, he's ****-canned, so to speak.

Highly doubt Jazz let Rubio walk unless they can sign a star to a max next offseason. He has been revitalized and looks like a top PG towards the end of the season and his run in the playoffs.
Quin likes him, Donovan likes him. He plays very good defense. Rubio loves Quin and the team. He's coming back. Book it.

Allen has a great athletic grade, strong hands, he might act like a punk sometimes but he's certainly not a pushover.

My issues with him always were more in the area of tendencies, he's got 'raw talent', I think he's got some bad habits or played with them at duke for years. It's fair to say that he hogged the ball, or was asked to hog the ball by coach k too much. Overdribbles for sure. He's not really a combo guard, he's got a good 1st step and he's got this in-and-out cp3 dribble u see and then the step back, he can get into the lane too.

To be blunt, i HATE his shot selection. I dislike the way he'd recklessly drive towards the basket, he'd do things that make me say "this works in college, in the NBA u get blocked to smithereens".. Who knows though maybe he can draw a bunch of fouls, he'll be implemented in a role player capacity, so the scaling down of his game could do wonders for stuff like this. Utah's system will ask him to do make fairly basic reads he won't have too much leeway to freelance and get himself into trouble.

He can make tough shots for sure but sometimes he'd like take wild step-backs and just kinda like what I would call hero or kobe ball.. He does have a good game sense though, he's got some ice running thru his veins..

Duke was also abysmal in man-to-man defense. Ask anyone who knows. Their zone was the only thing that saved them from a **** season and many of their players suffered from the imbalance. TREVON DUVAL GOES UNDRAFTED.....

Now it just recently became news that NBA teams loved Boston College's Jerome Robinson who went in the lottery before Michael Porter Jr!!! But if you look back at some of those BC v Duke matchups, Grayson can't check Jerome Robinson at-all, but now that he's lotto material it kinda makes a bit more sense................ Back when I was watching that live and Robinson was getting no respect, I had a feeling, ya know, the consensus was wrong..

and this also applies to Georgia Tech's Josh Okogie who went a pick earlier than Grayson (though Okogie doesn't have tricks up his sleeve like Robinson).

Back when I was watching that live and Robinson was getting no respect, I had a feeling, ya know, the consensus was wrong..

and this also applies to Georgia Tech's Josh Okogie who went a pick earlier than Grayson (though Okogie doesn't have tricks up his sleeve like Robinson).
So, are you claiming this in retrospect so in future draft threads you can claim you had him that high all along? You may as well say this was a kid you identified when he was 14 and pegged him for a high 1st-round pick.

Allen needs to find an in between game. In college he would often bully his way to the hoop, it helped him get to the line a ton, but in the nba, I’m not sure the bully ball will work. I would love to see him develop a floater. He should watch film of, yes I know, I’ll probably get killed for it, but he needs to watch video of Shelvin Mack. The year he was traded to the jazz.

Like Allen there is no shiftiness to his drive game, but was pretty affective driving because the one thing he could do was shoot floaters. If Allen is going to be successful, he needs to develop this aspect of his game, for him, bully ball will not work in the nba. I hope the coaching staff recognizes this and workes with him on this aspect of his game.

With that said, if he can improve his handles and shiftiness, he could be a poor mans Bradley Beal

Right now he’s an off the bench role player, but if he can find an in between game, develop a floater and midrange game, he could be a starter in the league, because in the end, he’s a lot more talented then then Mack who was actually decent as a starter the year he was traded her with a 12 pt average and 5 assists a game, while shooting 35% from 3. So, imagine what Allen could do here.

So, are you claiming this in retrospect so in future draft threads you can claim you had him that high all along? You may as well say this was a kid you identified when he was 14 and pegged him for a high 1st-round pick.

No my grade for this pick is very low.. Im just saying that he was rated over players that were underrated, which help onset my consternation.... ........

He's essentially the same age as Dante Exum...Dante's like 3 months older...