What's new

Jazz should draft Thon Maker

Sexual Favors

supposedly we have good Player development coaches. We need a star, and we aren't winning lotto. We already have a core of above average players. Let's gamble on Thon Maker, what say ye?

If he stays at where is projected(late 1st/early 2nd round) it's not even that big of a gamble. I don't mind

I see mediocre hands and slow feet. His length will make him a decent defender, but I worry about his ability to have an impact offensively at NBA speed.

Thon Maker or Zhou Qi.

Qi just declared for the draft earlier today. I'm almost certain his rookie season will be in 2017-2018 though.. He's under contract next year with no NBA buyout..

I have a hunch the draft sites are underselling both Thon and Qi's talents..

Thon just needs a unibrow if he wants to move up draft boards. Former guard turned long lean center with great wingspan. Hmmm... sounds familiar.

Its a gamble with him. Could turn out to be very good or be a bust but the OP was right in the Jazz need a star. Not getting in free agent big signers so got to take the gamble. Didn't take the Gamble with Paul George and ended up settling with a 3rd option type player

I'm all board on the draft Thon Maker train. He reminds me so much of KG. I know I've said the same thing with Bobby Portis last year and he turn out good as well.

Thon scares me...no thanks.

He's not as fluid as KG was... He moves like old KG. He also seems a little too rehearsed in interviews. I'd take him in the late first round but I don't see him as an amazing prospect. If we are going for home runs I'd rather have skal, Chriss, or Luwawu.