What's new

Jazz sign 6'8 forward Paris Bass

Finally looking at guys that are 6'8 or above.

No more 6'5 PFs or 6'4 SFs
This signing is equivalent to last year's signing of the 6-9 SF (and three-years-younger at that point) Derrick Alston. (Alston, btw, had at least as good a season last year as Bass in the G-League, at least statistically).

So I guess our philosophy, compared to last year, is to go older and shorter?

Last edited:
With Bev, Beasley and Gay already on the team, sounds like he should fit right in. Maybe Ainge is remolding us into the new “Bad Boys”.:p
I don't know the details, of course, but Bass's dismissal from his college team was publicly reported as for academic reasons. Does that count as an edgy personality? I've seen an article elsewhere that points to his humility.

I don't think there's any way to know from what's publicly available as to what kind of personality dynamic he brings. (All very unlikely to matter, at any rate, since he's an Exhibit 10 signing.)

I don't know the details, of course, but Bass's dismissal from his college team was publicly reported as for academic reasons. Does that count as an edgy personality? I've seen an article elsewhere that points to his humility.

I don't think there's any way to know from what's publicly available as to what kind of personality dynamic he brings. (All very unlikely to matter, at any rate, since he's an Exhibit 10 signing.)
Cool, thanks for the clarification Sir!