What's new

Jazz sign Bojan

Are you saying a team has to have players named to an allstar team to be called a super team?

You don't need to ask me what I'm saying. I have made it clear multiple times.
I will say again for you though.
There has never been a super team with zero all stars. That's all I'm saying.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Tony Jones indicated Utah and Mirotic had a deal agreed on, and then Niko decided to go to Europe so Utah pivoted to Bojan.

I'd bet that once there were whispers that Bojan could be had, Mirotic might have been placed on the backburner. I could easily see the Spain thing as a negotiating tactic that went wrong. Jazz might have been in contact with Mirotic, but I highly doubt an agreement was in place, especially at 15 million.

Tony said the jazz thought bogey was going to cost 20 mil and they wanted leftover money from the 17 or 18 mil they had and thought mirotic would sign for 15

For the record I think the jazz get off to a hot start and get 2 and hopefully three allstars this year.
Two seems reasonably possible with Durant gone, Klay injured and Aldridge probably not making it. I could see Donovan and Rudy both getting enough love from coaches to get there. Not sure either guy gets enough fan votes to start though.

Last edited:
Two seems reasonably possible with Durant gone, Klay injured and Aldridge probably not making it. I could see Donovan and Rudy both getting enough love from coaches to get there. Not sure either guy gets enough fan votes to start though.

Conley's trade to Utah, depending on that start, might be enough for the MSM to finally see how good he really is and get him the necessary exposure for a third slot. It'll need to be a damn hot start though.

For the record I think the jazz get off to a hot start and get 2 and hopefully three allstars this year.
Jazz are way more likely to get zero than 2. In fact, I would be surprised if the Jazz get even 1 allstar.

Locks:
Backcourt - Curry, Harden, Lillard
Frontcourt - George, James, Davis, Jokic, Kawhi(?)

That leaves just 4 spots for the following players (5 if Kawhi stays East):
Backcourt - Westbrook, Holiday, McCollum, Booker, Murray, Fox, DeRozan, DLo, Mitchell, Conley
Frontcourt - Towns, Luka, Porzingis, Zion, Green, Aldridge, Gobert

That is a crazy list!

I'd bet that once there were whispers that Bojan could be had, Mirotic might have been placed on the backburner. I could easily see the Spain thing as a negotiating tactic that went wrong. Jazz might have been in contact with Mirotic, but I highly doubt an agreement was in place, especially at 15 million.
You’d bet that on no evidence, because you are admittedly biased against him.

Let it go. He’s gone.

Let it go. He’s gone.

It was clear the Jazz moved onto second option. I think it works out better for us, but they may have thought Bojan would get more than they could offer.

One thing... it was kind of nice we had a ceiling on how high we could go on the Bojan contract. I think he could have squeezed out a 4/80ish type deal if we had additional space.

Tony Jones claims that Mirotic had "family pressure" (wife?) to go back to Europe and that's when the Jazz moved on.

Tony Jones claims that Mirotic had "family pressure" (wife?) to go back to Europe and that's when the Jazz moved on.
By the way, this is coming from a guy that is also biased against Mirotic. He has no reason or interest in covering for him.

Let it go. He’s gone.

My evidence is that most sources had us pursuing Bojan the night before, and then we signed Bojan in the same manner that the previous rumors said, for the money that they said it would take. Why the hell would we have diverted from that plan to sign the inferior player, for a similar amount of money? Mirotic wasn't going anywhere until Bojan was decided. Well, except to Spain, I guess. . .

All the existing evidence points to Bojan being the primary target, unless you believe that the Jazz leaked the information that they were spurned by Mirotic and settled for Bojan. If they did, I would have to believe that it could only have been a smokescreen.

My evidence is that most sources had us pursuing Bojan the night before, and then we signed Bojan in the same manner that the previous rumors said, for the money that they said it would take. Why the hell would we have diverted from that plan to sign the inferior player, for a similar amount of money? Mirotic wasn't going anywhere until Bojan was decided. Well, except to Spain, I guess. . .

All the existing evidence points to Bojan being the primary target, unless you believe that the Jazz leaked the information that they were spurned by Mirotic and settled for Bojan. If they did, I would have to believe that it could only have been a smokescreen.
Why are you drawing up some big conspiracy theory about this?