What's new

Jazz sign Bryce Cotton to Multi Year deal

LjJazzman

From locke "Jazz have signed Bryce Cotton to a multi year deal. Jazz have 3.7 million in cap space that disappears if not used by end of season"

Last week at I was at a Jazz chalk talk with Locke and he said the Jazz would sign a couple players to multi year deals that they don't really like. The reason being is so they wouldn't lose the cap space and as trade pieces. The Jazz did the same thing with JL3, Thomas, and Garret. Basically trade pieces that make the numbers for a trade work and the team receiving them can cut them at almost no cost since their deals are non guaranteed. Those kinds of players are very important to making trades possible.

Thats what this signing is. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz do it with Jack too.

Last week at I was at a Jazz chalk talk with Locke and he said the Jazz would sign a couple players to multi year deals that they don't really like. The reason being is so they wouldn't lose the cap space and as trade pieces. The Jazz did the same thing with JL3, Thomas, and Garret. Basically trade pieces that make the numbers for a trade work and the team receiving them can cut them at almost no cost since their deals are non guaranteed. Those kinds of players are very important to making trades possible.

I heard that as well - could be.

Could also mean Trey is being put on notice that he needs to step up his game or maybe Burke himself is the trade piece for the off-season and Cotton is just cheap insurance for now.

Yeah I like Cotton. He seems really quick and bouncy, much quicker and lighter on his feet than Trey, just so apparent on the court. I think he's one of those guys that need to just be given the opportunity. He's the perfect 3rd PG. (with a potential to become 2nd PG ala what Isiah Thomas did in SAC).

YAY HE'S THE MISSING PIECE!!! CHAMPIONSHIP HERE WE COME!!!!

I would guess this is similar to the 3 year deal they gave to Elijah Millsap. I'm really liking these type of deals. If the player ends up being good, they have them locked up for a few years for not much money. If they don't, there is not much guaranteed money on the line.

From locke "Jazz have signed Bryce Cotton to a multi year deal. Jazz have 3.7 million in cap space that disappears if not used by end of season"

Thats what this signing is. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz do it with Jack too.

Well obviously they must like them a little bit. They could sign any D-Leaguers and they chose them.

At shootaround when asked what BC brought to the team QS said "he can make shots" Could be the beginning of the end for Trey.

At shootaround when asked what BC brought to the team QS said "he can make shots" Could be the beginning of the end for Trey.

I think he shot 45% from deep in the D-League.

His D-League stats are actually close to 50%-50%-90% so he is probably a very good shooter.

I called this five minutes after I watched him play. There are certain areas where he could be a matchup nightmare, and we have such a great defensive frontcourt, we won't pay a heavy price defensively. He can placehold until we find somebody better. That three year deal on Millsap is looking pretty good right now.

I called this five minutes after I watched him play. There are certain areas where he could be a matchup nightmare, and we have such a great defensive frontcourt, we won't pay a heavy price defensively. He can placehold until we find somebody better. That three year deal on Millsap is looking pretty good right now.

He just looks like a quicker, bouncier version of Trey. He hasn't been shooting in the NBA so can't compare that. But I think the potential is there to be better than Trey.

Now... who or what assets can we get back for Trey I wonder.

Jazz are trying some Patty Mills type project with him probably. He must have a really good work ethic.

#100RAPclub

He just looks like a quicker, bouncier version of Trey. He hasn't been shooting in the NBA so can't compare that. But I think the potential is there to be better than Trey.

Now... who or what assets can we get back for Trey I wonder.

How about our 4th Big?

kris_humphries_wizards_1419779141773_11907102_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

You're a woman?
Both Cotton and Cooley need to get some minutes. I know it's hard to put them in when the team is firing on all cylinders but I would like to see them both inserted at the start of the second quarter in some games to see how they fare. I mean Cotton did drop 36 on Carolinia in last year's NCAA tournament so he can play a little.

He already knows the Spurs system.... I like this guy. I think this could mean Burke is on the way out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyedA3Y-UXQ

I am 99% sure this is just to control the prospect and match salaries in trades during draft time. Don't think we need to get too excited about Bryce's future prospects.