What's new

Jazz Sign Ian Clark

davidbenoit

According to USA Today.

see this guy's twitter https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt

Summer League star Ian Clark signs a two-year deal with the Utah Jazz, his agent Bill Duffy tells USA TODAY Sports. Team option on year two. -Jeff Zillgitt (USA Today)

Career Highlights:

MVP of Summer League Championship Game
OVC Defensive Player of the Year
OVC Co-Player of the Year (shared with Isaiah Canaan)

Senior Year:
18.2 points
3.3 rebounds
2.4 assists
1.6 steals
he also shot 45.9% from beyond the arc, which was good enough to be ranked third nationally.

Man, you were like ][ this close to rep. Get a link and a quote and you can still get it.

I thought we weren't supposed to put much stock into what's happening in the Summer League.

Jerel McNeal, Jeremy Evans, Ian Clark, Biedrins, Jefferson, injured Rush, and injured Williams

Who can out-tank us?

PS: Sorry Evans lovers

EDIT: Forgot some others

Clark puts us at 14.

Burke/Lucas/McNeal
Burks/Rush/Clark
Hayward/Williams/Jefferson
Favors/Evans
Kanter/Gobert/Biedrins

On a positive note, he isn't a grizzled vet, he just went undrafted this year, so if he's any good he could be on the team for some time.

Isn't Clark an SG exclusively? This is rather worrisome when you take the playing time stipulation rumoured to be in the contract into account, seeing as we already have two SGs deserving of minutes in BRush and Alec Burks.

Isn't Clark an SG exclusively? This is rather worrisome when you take the playing time stipulation rumoured to be in the contract into account, seeing as we already have two SGs deserving of minutes in BRush and Alec Burks.

Rush could play SF and burks can play pg!!

Rush could play SF and burks can play pg!!

Rush is better at SG from what I've seen. It just seems weird that were gonna play Rush out of position for the sake of an undrafted player.

But KOC is an expert with these diamonds in the rough, so I won't judge.

There isn't one. He probably just sized up the roster and thought his chances to get playing time were best here.

There isn't one. He probably just sized up the roster and thought his chances to get playing time were best here.

That's what I'm hoping as well. The whole Earl Watson thing has still left a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to these contractual obligatory playing-time requirements or w/e