What's new

Jazz sign Kenneth Lofton to 3 year NG deal

He has consistently put up monster numbers at the lower level so it will be interesting to see how effective he looks playing with the big boys.

It looks like we signed Darius Bazley as well.
  1. Sexton
  2. Dunn
  3. George
  4. THT
  5. Clarkson
  6. Sensabaugh
  7. Hendricks
  8. Lauri
  9. Samanic
  10. Porter Jr
  11. Kessler
  12. Yurtseven
  13. Lewis Jr
  14. Collins
  15. Kinsley (10 Day)
  16. Lofton Jr
  17. Bazley Jr
Two Ways:
  1. Preston
  2. Juzang
  3. Potter
Obviously Kinsley is going to be gone, but who is hte other person getting waived? I'm guessing we finally waived Otto Porter?

1. Sexton
  2. Dunn
  3. George
  4. THT
  5. Clarkson
  6. Sensabaugh
  7. Hendricks
  8. Lauri
  9. Samanic
  10. Porter Jr
  11. Kessler
  12. Yurtseven
  13. Lewis Jr
  14. Collins
  15. Kinsley (10 Day)
  16. Lofton Jr
  17. Bazley Jr
Two Ways:
  1. Preston
  2. Juzang
  3. Potter
Obviously Kinsley is going to be gone, but who is hte other person getting waived? I'm guessing we finally waived Otto Porter?

I would be surprised if that is not exactly what is happening.

He's an offensive fit. Good at the high post. Will always be a defensive liability, but can't complain about a 3 year NG. I'm just glad we're making these kinds of moves with no downside.

I don't know how these things usually work, are the next two years fully unguaranteed or only partially non-guaranteed?

He's an offensive fit. Good at the high post. Will always be a defensive liability, but can't complain about a 3 year NG. I'm just glad we're making these kinds of moves with no downside.

The downside would be that we are wasting time on guys with no chance of making it in the league, we only have a very limited amount of roster spots to try out guys with. It appears that I'm the only one that has commented so far that sees Lofton that way. I'll try and be more open.

I mean, obviously Kenny Lofton is probably not a NBA player.

Even if he somehow lost 40 lbs over the next year, he is still a 6'6 center. I dont think him losing weight is going to have such a dramatic impact to the point it makes him a modern day NBA 4. Maybe if this was the 2000's or early 2010's.

He's just a talented player to have on the roster. He should push dudes in practice. He's a tough guard for guys like Walker Kessler most likely.

Also probably interesting just to get him in your facilities to see what's going on with the weight thing over the off-season.

The downside would be that we are wasting time on guys with no chance of making it in the league, we only have a very limited amount of roster spots to try out guys with. It appears that I'm the only one that has commented so far that sees Lofton that way. I'll try and be more open.

I wouldn't say he has zero chance at making it in the league. Like I said, I think he's an offensive system fit for us. If I scanned the G-League maybe I'd find someone I thought had a better chance....but he does have certain skills that are NBA level and the Jazz are probably one of the better teams in the league to utilize them.

He's not the same shooter, but Lofton can play the KO role on offense. Hardy loves utilizing bigs with a little bit of ball skill. Dribble handoffs, passing out of the high post, sliding down into a advantage post up once in awhile.