What's new

Jazz sign Kenneth Lofton to 3 year NG deal

A lot general NBA fans love Lofton and think he's going to crush it if given a chance. I was surprised he had so much support and to the degree as to how good people think he could be - the news of the signing was overwhelmingly positive.

A lot general NBA fans love Lofton and think he's going to crush it if given a chance. I was surprised he had so much support and to the degree as to how good people think he could be - the news of the signing was overwhelmingly positive.
He played well in summer league but is kind of slow

i'm one of those. he's just so skilled offensively. it's hard to imagine him not being able to score at any level.

Mr. Lofton's deal:
The Jazz used a portion of their room exception to sign Kenneth Lofton Jr. to a three-year contract that includes a $500K rest-of-season salary, Hoops Rumors has learned. Lofton’s deal is worth approximately $4.9MM in total, with minimum salaries in the second and third seasons.

However, the agreement doesn’t currently include any guaranteed money beyond this season. If Lofton remains under contract through July 25, he’d be assured of a $400K partial guarantee for 2024/25, and that partial guarantee would increase to $600K on the first day of the regular season, but if he’s waived on or before July 25, the Jazz won’t be on the hook for any ’24/25 salary.

If Lofton plays out the first two years of the contract, the Jazz would face a team option decision for the 2025/26 season.