What's new

Jazz sign Kyle Weaver (likely to a 10-day contract)

twentytwo

Source:

"tribjazz Brian T. Smith
Jazz sign Kyle Weaver."

Preseason with the Bulls:

PPG
2.3 (43% 2pp/ 33% 3pp)
RPG
APG
EFF
+ 4.33

in 8.7 minutes.

Remember when we were laughing in that other thread about how if we replaced Ronnie Price with a dead body our team would show improvement? Well they did us one better and brought up a D-Leaguer to replace him instead.

I guess this means Raja's injured is going to keep him out. Weaver is a smart defensive player but I would have liked for them to take a chance on a player with more potential.

I've always liked Weaver, but obviously I don't have too high of hopes for him. Oh well, like we can actually get any worse.

Just curious. How many allstars now used to be in the D-league? Im guessing none, maybe 1. Point being, there is a reason they are there.

He was drafted ahead of Tomic in the 2008 draft and the the 38th pick overall. He put up some decent stats for OKC and seems like he's got NBA range to help space the floor.

I liked Weaver coming out of college. Wes Matthews turned out to be what I thought Weaver would be. He's no savior, but I think he can play a bit, which is more than I can say about Raja Bell or Ronnie Price.

I guess this means Raja's injured is going to keep him out. Weaver is a smart defensive player but I would have liked for them to take a chance on a player with more potential.

I find it hard to believe anyone with potential would be in the D-league, just waiting to be picked up by an NBA team.