What's new

Jazz Sign MaCio Teague - Another Baylor Player

Is this the beginning of them signing unknown players to short deals where they can badly evaluate talent? Who is the next Oni?

Is this the beginning of them signing unknown players to short deals where they can badly evaluate talent? Who is the next Oni?
This guy looks underrated to me, I think he gets overlooked playing with Mitchell and Butler. He looks like he’s got some skills, averaged almost 16 pts on 48% shooting, and looks like he’s got some skills you can work with. I like him.

This guy looks underrated to me, I think he gets overlooked playing with Mitchell and Butler. He looks like he’s got some skills, averaged almost 16 pts on 48% shooting, and looks like he’s got some skills you can work with. I like him.
So the jazz will let him go in favor of the next Niang.

Yay.

6’10.25” wingspan and 8’1” standing reach. That wingspan’s bonkers for a guy who measured 6’2.5” barefoot. The SR number has to be wrong as I see another site where it says 8’9”. Either way, the kid is long. He’s a combo guard but if his body fills out he can definitely play the 3 some. Based on this and his stats, I like the signing a lot. I imagine he’s sort of our Joe replacement. Can handle the ball enough to run the point, pass, rebound, shoot. Obviously that’s overstating it. He’ll need to refine that **** at this next level but he certainly has the ability.

Anyone know how this kid is defensively?

Last edited:
Teague is 24. Maybe that's why he did not get picked
He may be a ready to play type of player

He is old, right hand dominant and often missed the right play on offense. He has become a much better defender since he left Asheville and joined Baylor. Still, an undersized tweener. We need bigger backcourt players to compensate for Conley, Mitchell and Butler. Still worth giving a look. I always thought he brought the ball low to line up the seams. He needs to break that habit.

He is a much better prospect in my mind than Matt Thomas, who couldn't guard my 8 year old.

He looked great in those highlights but how many 6'2" guards do we need. His shot is funky but who cares if it goes in.