What's new

Jazz sign Nigel Williams-Goss

I was pushing for this guy hard before the draft.

Was told he was too short etc. What I saw was a kid who COULD shoot the 3 ball, and drive. I think he has a place in this league. I'm disgusted Boston got him.

quick as lightning and could shoot the hell out of the ball. I agree, he has a place in this league. Could we have drafted him with any of our 3 picks? I’d take him over Exum. He would’ve been great in our offense coming off the bench.

Then that's a 'non-guaranteed' contract, not a 'team option' contract. They work very differently.
I’m aware of that. That’s what the person posting was referring to when they said multiple team options. When you said that wasn’t possible, I put forward clarity to build a bridge between your guys’ discussion, which apparently failed.

I know nothing about this guy but this feels more like DL sticking with a pick than the best basketball move.

Could we have drafted him with any of our 3 picks? I’d take him over Exum. He would’ve been great in our offense coming off the bench.

Do you really ask this question not knowing the answer?

Seems to be the definition of throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks.

quick as lightning and could shoot the hell out of the ball. I agree, he has a place in this league. Could we have drafted him with any of our 3 picks? I’d take him over Exum. He would’ve been great in our offense coming off the bench.
When I saw him in the Final Four, I thought this guy is going to be a high pick, and then he fell to Boston. I was surprised. Wonder why we didn't make pitch to move up and get him?

I know nothing about this guy but this feels more like DL sticking with a pick than the best basketball move.

Gotta repair this board's "DL loves his own picks too much"/"sunk-cost fallacy" narrative after TB's summer league success put a small dent in it, I see. Maybe we can even hypothesize that DL sneakily signed NWG while Zanick had a well-deserved day off.

DafoeSpiderMan.jpg
The name's Willem. Willem Dafoe.

And I prefer my Scotch Whiskey with a shot of baby's blood.

Wish we had this guy instead of Gross. Or Exum

I don't know if this guy can be useful unless he's shooting 15 times a game. That's just who he is. He averaged more turnovers (3.1) than assists (2.9) with Purdue last year. He's a 6' shooting guard.

Not a fan of his game at all when Utah drafted him. Even in camp he looked overwhealmed.

He looks significantly bigger/stronger tho after a year in Turkey. I'm sure very little of his deal is guaranteed - we'll see.

Interesting that The Jazz have 2 guys on their roster that played in, by far, the worst NCAA Finals game that I've ever seen.

I assumed that’s who you were referring to. But he’s already signed, so... uhh... cool.
he's still signed because DL is sticking with his pick out of stubbornness? Or....?

You're easily one of the best posters on this site. But I think you're taking this narrative about DL a little too far. I know you don't have the data on NWG or Tony Bradley to be able to stand firmly behind your accusations. Is this all PTSD about Exum?