What's new

Jazz Sign PG Eric Green

My VA tech buddy loves Green obviously, but he said Defense isn't his strength. After pressing, he admitted he can't play a lick of D. I've never watched him, so I'm just going off what he said

Erick Green can shoot the lights out, and he's 6'3" and can play some PG.. If his defense was noteworthy, it's safe to say he wouldn't be on a ten day contract right now.

That being said, I've long thought he was good enough to be on an NBA roster. He's definitely not a one trick pony.

Erick Green can shoot the lights out, and he's 6'3" and can play some PG.. If his defense was noteworthy, it's safe to say he wouldn't be on a ten day contract right now.

That being said, I've long thought he was good enough to be on an NBA roster. He's definitely not a one trick pony.

he seems to have more potential than some of the other D Leaguers we have brought in so I'm interested to see what he brings.

But outside of Gobert, what has DL really done? Can't give him credit for Exum. Dante was the highest rated player on the board. And pretty much the same with Hood; 99% of us would have made the same picks.

Instead of finding serviceable backups, DL has wasted 2nd rounders: traded one for a worse future pick, drafted Hanlan, sold a pick for cash. There are gems to be found: Millsap, Matthews, Boozer...all players who went in the 2nd or were undrafted. It's not skipping steps to draft players in the 2nd round!

But outside of Gobert, what has DL really done? Can't give him credit for Exum. Dante was the highest rated player on the board. And pretty much the same with Hood; 99% of us would have made the same picks.

Instead of finding serviceable backups, DL has wasted 2nd rounders: traded one for a worse future pick, drafted Hanlan, sold a pick for cash. There are gems to be found: Millsap, Matthews, Boozer...all players who went in the 2nd or were undrafted. It's not skipping steps to draft players in the 2nd round!

Stifle... Hack is waiting for you with a fine display of unmentionables and lingerie at your disposal. You guys can make a night of it and talk about how much better you would draft. The challenge awaits you to do any better. DL has been a significant upgrade over KOC. He has only had a few chances at it and so far all of his picks are playing on our roster now or are draft and stash players.

But if he drafts a high risk guy over Hood and he busts (for instance James Young), DL is and idiot and should be fired for not taking the "obvious" pick. Is that how this game works?

We should have just picked Joseph Young in the draft instead of Olivia.

Jazz suck at drafting

Olivier.

Wish we would have been able to keep him over here, he would have got some playing time. Anybody know what his stats are over seas?

Nice story about how Eric Green twice declined phone calls from the Jazz. Then his agent called him and said, "what are you doing, the Jazz are trying to call you, pick up their call."

But if he drafts a high risk guy over Hood and he busts (for instance James Young), DL is and idiot and should be fired for not taking the "obvious" pick. Is that how this game works?

Never said that. My point is that DL has done very little for people to anoint him as some kind of rebuilding "genius." Too many have bought his "don't skip steps" mantra as being the gospel truth on how to build a successful contender. I've pointed out other teams that have used a combination of the draft, trades and free agent signings to build. Utah and DL have been cheap and ultra-conservative, DL has made several missteps and shifts the blame to others as a "CYA" strategy (Burke was the guy CORBIN liked, boo hoo).

He got trash for Kanter, and as mentioned, has done virtually nothing with 2nd-round picks to identify or even TRY to bring in players who might strengthen our putrid bench. At the very LEAST, take a flyer on a Euro. Two years ago he punted on a very high 2nd round pick when guys like Clarkson and Jokic were still available. Last year he choose Hanlan and then SOLD the other pick. What, exactly, does selling a pick for cash accomplish, other than giving the Millers an extra hundred thousand or so? For a guy who has brought in, what, 80-90 players the past two years for pre-draft workouts, who has he "found"? Better to just save that money and then just look at the DLeague stats to find scrubs to fill in like Millsap, Johnson, O'Brien and now Green. Pretty cushy job he has. PG_AB with homey as his Dleague consultant could do a better job. Oh yeah, and he gets the FIRST pick in the DLeague draft and a chance to secure the best non-rights held prospect out there. So who does he pick? F'in Ayres, an aging scrap of a player. Guess he owed him for services rendered in SA.

I LONG for the days of KOC. He had the balls to trade up for DWill and draft Hayward. He didn't STOP trying to make the team better so young players could "develop," No, he went out and got players like Okur and Boozer to deliver a WINNING team. DL has had a wad of cash and done nothing with it, This organization is CHEAP. And it will continue to be CHEAP until all you gullible people stop buying merchandise and tickets and start voting with you feet and DEMAND Lindsey field a winning team.

Bizarro world

I LONG for the days of KOC. He had the balls to trade up for DWill and draft Hayward. He didn't STOP trying to make the team better so young players could "develop," No, he went out and got players like Okur and Boozer to deliver a WINNING team. DL has had a wad of cash and done nothing with it, This organization is CHEAP.

In what bizarro world was drafting Hayward and signing Okur and Boozer a "win now" strategy? They all were pre-peak and required development.

How does drafting Hayward require balls and drafting Gobert/Exum/Hood not require having balls? (head scratch)

The Millers have progressively opened their pocketbooks more and more over the last 20 years. Look at the end of their bench through the 90s which they filled it with low-salary scrubs. Look at recent investments in development, analytics, overseas scouting, D League.

Their spending on players is more about cap management and flexibility to resign/sign players when we are ready to compete on the big stage, than being "cheap" If we have a shot at a title and only need one more veteran piece and they don't go above the cap to do so, then you would have a real complaint.

Never said that. My point is that DL has done very little for people to anoint him as some kind of rebuilding "genius." Too many have bought his "don't skip steps" mantra as being the gospel truth on how to build a successful contender. I've pointed out other teams that have used a combination of the draft, trades and free agent signings to build. Utah and DL have been cheap and ultra-conservative, DL has made several missteps and shifts the blame to others as a "CYA" strategy (Burke was the guy CORBIN liked, boo hoo).

He got trash for Kanter, and as mentioned, has done virtually nothing with 2nd-round picks to identify or even TRY to bring in players who might strengthen our putrid bench. At the very LEAST, take a flyer on a Euro. Two years ago he punted on a very high 2nd round pick when guys like Clarkson and Jokic were still available. Last year he choose Hanlan and then SOLD the other pick. What, exactly, does selling a pick for cash accomplish, other than giving the Millers an extra hundred thousand or so? For a guy who has brought in, what, 80-90 players the past two years for pre-draft workouts, who has he "found"? Better to just save that money and then just look at the DLeague stats to find scrubs to fill in like Millsap, Johnson, O'Brien and now Green. Pretty cushy job he has. PG_AB with homey as his Dleague consultant could do a better job. Oh yeah, and he gets the FIRST pick in the DLeague draft and a chance to secure the best non-rights held prospect out there. So who does he pick? F'in Ayres, an aging scrap of a player. Guess he owed him for services rendered in SA.

I LONG for the days of KOC. He had the balls to trade up for DWill and draft Hayward. He didn't STOP trying to make the team better so young players could "develop," No, he went out and got players like Okur and Boozer to deliver a WINNING team. DL has had a wad of cash and done nothing with it, This organization is CHEAP. And it will continue to be CHEAP until all you gullible people stop buying merchandise and tickets and start voting with you feet and DEMAND Lindsey field a winning team.

Hood. Gobert. Burke. All nba players that Lindsay drafted in the first round. Neto is decent for a pick in the last of round 2.

Your theory is bunk. Lindsay is pretty darn good at this draft thing.