What's new

Jazz sign Romeo Langford to exhibit 10 deal

I believe they have 21 players for camp( the max). Luka, Dunn, KO and Yurtseven have various levels of guarantees. I just think a multi-player trade has to be on the horizon. The Jazz right now have too many decent players. Coach can't get them all PT.

I believe they have 21 players for camp( the max). Luka, Dunn, KO and Yurtseven have various levels of guarantees. I just think a multi-player trade has to be on the horizon. The Jazz right now have too many decent players. Coach can't get them all PT.
That's every NBA team

Yeah we probably have the smallest level gap between our best and 15th best player. Definitely the smallest gap between 2nd best and 15th.

Seems like this happens to a degree every year: people think the Exhibit 10 players are claiming regular roster spots (perhaps confusing them with 10-day contract players).

Remember: Exhibit 10 contracts are contracts that are designed to be cut in training camp and just help the team fill up its G-League team. There's a financial incentive for the player to join the G-League team, but once the G-League season starts, these Exhibit-10 players are not "Jazz" players. They are just Stars players with as much ability to be claimed by any NBA team as any other regular G-League player.

Sure they sucked, but Langford wasn't bad for the Spurs last season. Had a nice FG% and started half the games he played in.

Romeo has always been a good defender - out of college I thought he'd be solid but it's been a bit rough for him.

But, hey - we grabbed Luka off the Spurs junk pile; hopefully Romeo pans out too.

That's every NBA team
Well to some degree that is true. But many of the jazz’s third team players would be more likely be second team/ rotation players elsewhere.

Look at our bench va Denver& Phoenix. If they had our reserves they would be strong title favorites.

our talent is flat across the roster and the difference between player 15 and 1 is probably smallest in the nba. To get Ws our bench needs to beat opponents benches. We probably have 1-2 starters who are top 15 (above average) at their position.

Yeah we probably have the smallest level gap between our best and 15th best player. Definitely the smallest gap between 2nd best and 15th.
Holy cow I just posted the same thing. Maybe I should read the whole thread before responding.

I was a jazz fan in the early 90s when back bench players were the best guys we could sign for close to the $120k minimum.

palmer is just one of a long list.
I mean, just go back and look. Taking huge players was kind of a thing back in. It's not like you can apply the same lense of reasoning that we have now to back then.

He also had to draft to fit Sloan because Sloan wasnt about to **** with any rookies like that.