What's new

Jazz sign Taevion Kinsey to an Exhibit 10 contract

honestly kinsey is an incredible talent - elite athlete, gifted and efficient scorer, rebounds, is a playmaker/passer and he defends. the only ch-ink in the armor is shooting - and he even shot a good percentage from three, but on a low number of attempts.

on paper kinsey is way better than any of our draft picks. the catch is he is older - the fact he put up the numbers he did and wasn't even drafted is testament to the understanding nba people have about OADs and how you can't put too much stock in their stats as freshmen.

He didn't shoot many threes but had a good %. Solid defender and he can clearly score. His team played a lot of **** teams so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in Summer League.

Mr. Kinsey appears to be the only Exhibit 10 guy signed so far. The Stars are holding a free agent tryout camp on Sept 30. Stacy Davis came out of last year's camp. I'm wondering if the Jazz are telegraphing that the rooks will spend a lot of time in the GLeague.

I believe the Jazz roster is full up now with yesterday's signings. I noticed in the transactions wire yesterday that Vernon Carey Jr and Xavier Sneed signed overseas contracts. VCJr must have really stunk it up in the Salt Lake Summer League to be kicked to the curb so quickly. I wonder if there is a back story that isn't being shared.

on paper kinsey is way better than any of our draft picks. the catch is he is older - the fact he put up the numbers he did and wasn't even drafted is testament to the understanding nba people have about OADs and how you can't put too much stock in their stats as freshmen.
Is your paper a half sheet of LSD and you took the other half 2 hours ago? Because that's the only way you can be looking at paper and think that.

Like we just saw Summer League. He was clearly nowhere near as good as Keyonte, so that's just a wild wild wild statement to make.

cy still working on understanding the meaning of paper and the fundamentals of reading. keep working, buddy, i know you can get there!
I really dont understand how Kinsey looked better on paper. Did you see the competition he faced? I dont think Marshall played a single major conference team the entire season.