What's new

Jazz sign Thabo Sefolosha

I don't mind it. I would prefer there is an option on the second year...

He had two years with OKC where he shot a little above 40% from the 3 point line. Maybe with Rubio penetrating and open looks his shooting nudges back up above 35%. I have no problem with the pick up. Good utility guy who can play multiple positions.

What young guy did we have a SF? We only got 1 on the roster and it's Ingles.

With Exum, Burks and Mitchell all looking for minutes, I'm sure Hood will spend some time at the 3 every game. Then you also have JJ who may take some minutes there too, and of course Ingles. I don't think it's bad per se that they bring a SF, not at all if it's someone who can add something different to the roster, but bringing Thabo seems redundant.

He's always been a good defender. It will be interesting to learn what the terms are. His Atlanta contract was three years, four million per season.

Our defense is definitely better than last season with the additions of Rubio, Thabo and Mitchell. I have no problem emulating the 2004 Detroit Pistons.
[MENTION=164]kabenac[/MENTION], 2 year 10.5 total. So 5.25 per year.

Per Genessy's twitter

I like that the Jazz seem to be focusing on their strength at the defensive end. I think the Jazz may very likely be the #1 defense in the league next year.

I've always said, it's better to be elite on one end of the floor than to be pretty good on one end and average on the other.

The scoring droughts might be brutal to watch, though.

Great wing defender.
It'll be tough to score on the Jazz this year....it will be equally tough for the Jazz to score.

I think Boris will be gone by this weekend.

They might waive him and bring him back for less, losing Boris could possibly destroy the local cafe industry in Salt Lake. Hell I was thinking of moving to Utah and opening a fromagerie.

Now all the folks that feel Chicago stole him from Utah in the 2006 draft and stuck us with Ronnie Brewer can finally feel vindicated.

[MENTION=164]kabenac[/MENTION], 2 year 10.5 total. So 5.25 per year.

Per Genessy's twitter

That's not bad. He's a bridge for when we draft a SF in the next season or two. Now all we need to do is address the PF situation and find a stretch who can hit shots and the roster will be depth-set.

Good move, good rotational piece at good price. He can still be a defensive force. 2.3 DRPM(7th best defensive SF in the league).... Nobody's gonna score on us! Like... EVER!

Also... 2.2 steals per 36!!! This might signify a significant departure from the style of play on D. I think Quin needs to change the schemes a bit. We need to utilize all the steal-masters we've gotten this off-season - Mitchell, Rubio, Sefolosha... they are all elite at it and this all can play into speeding up the offense a bit with Rubio's passing and play in transition.

I like it overall... Still not sure how we are going to score in half-court.

Thabo Sefolosha

Great wing defender.
It'll be tough to score on the Jazz this year....it will be equally tough for the Jazz to score.

True. It will be interesting to see how Rubio changes the offense. I'm particularly interested in this lineup.

Ricky Rubio
Donovan Mitchell
Thabo Sefolosha
Joe Ingles
Rudy Gobert

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

That's not bad. He's a bridge for when we draft a SF in the next season or two. Now all we need to do is address the PF situation and find a stretch who can hit shots and the roster will be depth-set.

Look for Utah to try to sniff out Ryan Anderson from the Melo to Rockets trade