What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Jazz sign UFA Derrick Alston from Boise St.

idiot

Well, we're really sticking with the can't-rebound-anywhere-except-at-center theme with this signing. At least it's a lengthy wing to get a training-camp look at (though the limited-minutes summer league rebounding was OK).

NBA.com say he weighed 148 lbs when he entered as a freshman. Now up to 190 on high 6-9 frame.

SoberasHotRod

Thank goodness for some jazz news. This guy probably isn't it, but I like the idea of bringing in as many long athletic guys as possible. Maybe he'll add 15lbs of muscle before training camp.

homeytennis

He's from my neck of the woods. His dad was an NBA player and a current GLeague head coach. He IMHOcompletely disappeared playing against Houston this year and disappeared late in the season when Boise State folded like a cheap suit. You can check his Summer League stats and they are underwhelming. I guess he will be a Stars player. He was a walk on to start college. IMHO Sam Merrill is a much better player.

homeytennis

For the Warriors Summer League team Alston averaged 5.8 ppg for 15.9 minutes played shooting 39% from the field 33.3% from 3 and 50% FT with 4 rebounds and 0.5 blocks.

Udidthizz

He's from my neck of the woods. His dad was an NBA player and a current GLeague head coach. He IMHOcompletely disappeared playing against Houston this year and disappeared late in the season when Boise State folded like a cheap suit. You can check his Summer League stats and they are underwhelming. I guess he will be a Stars player. He was a walk on to start college. IMHO Sam Merrill is a much better player.
That explains why I could have sworn there already was (or had been recently) a Rafer Alston in the league.