What's new

Jazz: Thank you Gordon

Nope. But do I text my boss my decision. Do I let him/her find out about me leaving on Facebook or Twitter?

No, I sit down in the office (or at least pick up a device called a phone). Tell him/her that I got another opportunity. It's working for a mentor who I have tremendous respect for and has become a close friend. I thank my current employer, via phone or in person, for all they've done to develop me for my new company.

And THEN I post my decision on Social Media for my friends to see. AFTER I've 1) accepted the job offer from the new company and 2) told my current one I'm leaving.

I agree with that. I am not defending everything he did just his right to choose a new team without being reviled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Defend him all you want, but you can't say he handled this well, nor can you say his agent advised him well on how to handle it. Cold, Zman, very cold.

Just said I don't defend all he did. He is just getting way too grief for simply choosing a different team. I understand he could have handled it better but it is also not an easy situation.

Last edited:
Just said I don't defend all he did. He just getting way too grief for simply choosing a different team. I understand he could have handled it better but it is also not an easy situation.

Give it time to die down. The way I see it the team gave everything to Hayward, and invested everything in him and he bailed first chance he got. When it was between Hayward and Favors, they chose Hayward. Even when Rudy started to emerge, he was still the face of the franchise. They stuck with him and believed in him to help him make himself the player he is now. We have been with him through the rough start and when he hasn't been great. Right when he gets really good, he bails.

That's what sucks, and that's what most fans don't like. Yes it's his choice. It's also the choice of the fans to be ticked. Why tell them to cut it out? Let us react how we want. If he can choose a new team, and that's fine... we can choose to be ticked and that should be fine too. Especially with the way it went down.

2 way street here

Thank you, Gordon Haywa....nah....the wound is still too fresh. I can't even pretend to be excited for the guy.

All I can say is I hope nobody ever hurts you the way you hurt us.

Thank you, Gordon Haywa....nah....the wound is still too fresh. I can't even pretend to be excited for the guy.

All I can say is I hope nobody ever hurts you the way you hurt us.

Screw that, I wish nothing but disaster on him, his team, and their fans. Also Houston, because screw Houston.

I agree with that. I am not defending everything he did just his right to choose a new team without being reviled.

Is that one in the Constitution? Or was it agreed upon in the Geneva convention?

Screw that, I wish nothing but disaster on him, his team, and their fans. Also Houston, because screw Houston.

Nice. That's the lovely mature attitude I find so bothersome. Why is that when fans put their fan-cap on they are allowed to become mean, nasty boors. Angry with him for leaving? Fine. Wishing pestilence on him and everyone around him is going too far, way to far. Insisting that you KNOW he had his mind made up a year ago and has been lying all along is also going too far. Why not try treating him like you think you should be treated.

Nice. That's the lovely mature attitude I find so bothersome. Why is that when fans put their fan-cap on they are allowed to become mean, nasty boors. Angry with him for leaving? Fine. Wishing pestilence on him and everyone around him is going too far, way to far. Insisting that you KNOW he had his mind made up a year ago and has been lying all along is also going too far. Why not try treating him like you think you should be treated.

Go join a Celts board you ****ing skell. If we wish him ill will, who gives a ****, so long as we personally don't do anything to the guy or his loved ones.

Now, I hope he tears his ACL, MCL and PCL in both of his legs in the first minute of the first game of the year. Why? Cause **** him, that's why. Now who's with me?!!!

If Haywood is scanning Jazz message boards right now, he deserves what he gets. Go to a Celtics board. They are laughing at you. They think you are an idiot for wanting to compete with them. They are laughing at you because you thought it was cool that Mitchell punked their rookie. They figure that Utah is their farm team and that we should give them Exum for the privilege of doing a sign and trade that costs them nothing. Worst of all they are invested in the Jazz sucking because that would validate their opinion of Haywood.

You can't tut-tut about the slight Haywood reconceived 4 freaking years ago, and be mad that Jazz fans haven't recovered their happy face in less than a week. If you find this "bothersome" I suggest you go find somewhere else to be for a bit. Maybe handling parking duty for your home owners association. I'm sure one of your neighbors has a weed somewhere in their front yard.

Wishing pestilence on him and everyone around him is going too far, way to far.

Why?
Are you mature enough to understand that wishes are harmless? Its not like if someone wishes something bad to happen to Haywood that means it will happen.