What's new

Jazz to actively pursue Paul Millsap this offseason, per Spencer Checketts

Ryan McDonald ‏@ryanwmcdonald
"The rumor that the Jazz will pursue Paul Millsap this summer is so intriguing. I've never loved Derrick Favors' game the way many people do...
...A starting lineup with Rodney Hood and Paul Millsap sounds so much more fun offensively than Alec Burks and Derrick Favors"

This is a Jazz all in move. Probably means they stand pat at 12 and pick BPA, grab a back up PG and onward to the playoffs.

"The rumor that the Jazz will pursue Paul Millsap this summer is so intriguing. I've never loved Derrick Favors' game the way many people do...
...A starting lineup with Rodney Hood and Paul Millsap sounds so much more fun offensively than Alec Burks and Derrick Favors"

Favors last year, at least statistically, had a better season than any that Millsap has ever had. And Favors is also by far the superior defender, and 7 years younger.

Well Ryan mcdonald is kind of stupid no? Favors has a great, and ever improving game...so lets just hate it. K?

Why?

Because Paul was one of the hardest working, well liked Jazz men in recent history. The fans (including us fanz) complain about seeing a team of former jazzmen competing in the east. Even if they don't land him, it is smart for the Jazz to show interest.

Interesting.

I just don't see us benching Derrick Favors at this point. So would we be selling Millsap on a 6th man role?

I just don't see us being able to offer as much $$$ as other clubs and since Millsap has never really gotten a large contract, it would make sense for him to pursue the money.

I dont like this move at all. Why bring in an overpaid 30 year old backup 4? We have Booker who is just fine as a backup. Money could be better spent else where. Maybe Jazz think he can play the 3 and slide Hayward to the 2?

Either way Favors>Milsap so I hope they are not thinking of moving Favors unless the trade is netting us someone really good.

Maybe he likes Booker more or thinks he can turn into a Paul Millsap. Or he thinks he may be a problem in the locker room seeing as he shouldn't start in Utah and he's had those issues here before which is a valid concern. There is potential for chemistry issues. There is no doubt in my mind that he won't want to be a bench player at this point in his career.

Why?

Because Paul was one of the hardest working, well liked Jazz men in recent history. The fans (including us fanz) complain about seeing a team of former jazzmen competing in the east. Even if they don't land him, it is smart for the Jazz to show interest.

Isn't this tampering? It's not July 1 yet.
t

Favors last year, at least statistically, had a better season than any that Millsap has ever had. And Favors is also by far the superior defender, and 7 years younger.
This

Why would Millsap want to rejoin the Jazz, to move from a starter to a bench player. Unless, the plan is to move him to small forward and start Hayward at SG. This means, however, less PT for Hood and Burks. I'd be shocked if this happened, but who knows.

To me Millsap is a bench player on a contender, like a 6th man. He just can't be a starter on a contending playoff team. His averages teh past two years of starting in the playoffs (in a weak conference) have been .407% and .398%. All his other numbers are great, but if this is a move to bench Favors, I'm not in favor (no pun intended).

Why would Millsap want to rejoin the Jazz, to move from a starter to a bench player. Unless, the plan is to move him to small forward and start Hayward at SG. This means, however, less PT for Hood and Burks. I'd be shocked if this happened, but who knows.

1. Likes Utah
2. Likes his brother
3. Likes winning

Well Ryan mcdonald is kind of stupid no? Favors has a great, and ever improving game...so lets just hate it. K?

Interesting.

I just don't see us benching Derrick Favors at this point. So would we be selling Millsap on a 6th man role?

I just don't see us being able to offer as much $$$ as other clubs and since Millsap has never really gotten a large contract, it would make sense for him to pursue the money.

I dont like this move at all. Why bring in an overpaid 30 year old backup 4? We have Booker who is just fine as a backup. Money could be better spent else where. Maybe Jazz think he can play the 3 and slide Hayward to the 2?

Either way Favors>Milsap so I hope they are not thinking of moving Favors unless the trade is netting us someone really good.
Everybody killing it.

Favors > and cheaper than and younger than -millsap

We looked really good to end the year, if it ain't broke don't fix it (maybe just little tweaks or home runs)

I like millsap a lot (His is one of 4 jerseys I own) but no thanks.

I love this. He'll probably get a max deal, which is fine. He's got 3+ good years left, is productive, plays his *** off, can stretch the floor a bit now. If he's willing to come off the bench, awesome.