What's new

Jazz trade Fonteccio to Pistons for 2024 2nd

I find it intriguing that the people who are disappointed in a trade that makes us worse are getting all the hate.

In a season where we are in a playoff race, no less.

Go figure.

So what is basically a late first, rights to a guy the FO likes, and filler for a guy who scores 8 ppg and played midling D is a poor return? That's what we're going with, eh?

And a late first is basically a mid-teens pick, which is basically a lottery pick....

We got a second round pick, which statistically won't amount to anything, and a guy who might never play in the NBA, for a proven starter level 3&D guy.

No need to pretend a money saving move is Ainge playing chess.

Yes but it doesn’t matter
Ya that was kind of my point. I just thought that was a weird thing to point out

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Eh, I assume it was a typo and he meant Tec is 1.5 years older. His point stands. They're around the same age.
It's a pretty silly point. The Jazz are choosing between who their young players will be within a few years vs who Fontecchio will be within a few years. Lauri will probably still be elite in that time. Fontecchio will probably be slightly worse than what he is now, which is a nice 9 ppg role player who isn't a liability on defense.

The contracts for guys like Tech can vary wildly. I'd say he's not as good as Strus who got 4/55ish. I think it will be in the 4/40 range but sometimes weird things happen. He won't get less than the taxpayer MLE imo... and unless he re-signs with Detroit at a premium he won't get more than MLE. Nothing inside that range would shock me.

Oh. Is Lauri in our long term plans? I keep asking that but not getting any answers.

He's just 1.5 years younger than Tec.
Was Lauri traded?
One was and one wasn't. That's pretty clear

You really just compared Lauri and Simone lmao. Go take a seat at the kids table with Cy… wait you two are coloring over there together already.
Hey, timelines are timelines. Lauri isn't getting any younger either.

Are timelines important or not?

I mean people are ecstatic about getting the rights to an unknown dude who may or may not help us in four years.

I find it intriguing that the people who are disappointed in a trade that makes us worse are getting all the hate.

In a season where we are in a playoff race, no less.

Go figure.
I didn't like the trade.

I haven't been getting all the hate. Wonder why.

Hey, timelines are timelines. Lauri isn't getting any younger either.

Are timelines important or not?

I mean people are ecstatic about getting the rights to an unknown dude who may or may not help us in four years.
I thought the post was about Simone not being part of the jazz long terms plans. Don't remember it being about timelines.
I could be wrong though

Bad move to maximize playoff potential this year.
Good move to increase options for beyond this season.
I'm neutral.
I think the only way it's a good move is that it gives you more options on draft day.

IDK that it provides more options beyond that. If you signed Simone to a good long-term deal, you might have far better options going forward. Since the draft is before free agency, you wouldnt be able to trade Simone on draft day, but you can trade the Wizards pick on draft day.

Because you arent saying anything of substance like TU is so no one can have a strong opinion of your take either way.
I don't like the trade.
TU doesn't like the trade.

I don't lose my mind and act like it's the end of the world. TU does.