What's new

Jazz trade Fonteccio to Pistons for 2024 2nd

Crap I thought he would garner more..wishful thinking.

This trade tells me they obviously had no intention to resign him this summer.

"We gonna play our lottery pick now that our other rookie has figured things out!" Is the direction some were wondering about I guess. or, maybe they are going to try the Kessler, Collins, Lauri thing. . .

I'm kinda thinking if Ainge intended of trading rather Ochai, as he didn't play against Thunder. Or is there another trade incoming including Ochai..?

Thought for sure the Celtics were serious to win this year and would offer a FRP, but maybe they didn't want to pay that price for a rental?

The only good thing is this puts the Jazz back into the '24 draft. They could potentially move up in this draft too if they fall in love with a prospect.
They do end up with an asset assuming they weren't going to resign Tecc.

Still a bummer..

Eh

The way I look at it is, if they didn't trade him now, they'd either lose him for nothing or probably have to overpay to keep him. Which would be silly if you eventually want Hendricks to overtake him in the rotation.

I do actually really like the Pistons. I watched a lot of them early in the season and thought they had potential.

Getting Simone is a sign their FO is making good moves now. Duren is a beast. Cade/Ivey are talented. Ausuar is extremely unique. Sasser is probably the most underrated rookie currently.