What's new

Jazz trade Fonteccio to Pistons for 2024 2nd

Hollingers edited take:

Damn the torpedoes, the Pistons are in win-now mode! Okay, in all seriousness, this isn’t quite Marvin Bagley 2.0: Yes, the Pistons might have overpaid, but there is also genuine logic behind this move. The Jazz got a great return on Fontecchio, too. The 2024 second-round pick coming from Detroit will be the better of Washington's or Memphis', which means it's likely to be 33rd or so in the coming draft. Don't sleep on Gabriele Procida either; the 36th pick in the 2022 draft needs to shoot better to stick on this side of the pond, but is still only 21 years old and is having a solid year in Germany.

Last edited:
Sorry to be the grammar police but can we please change the thread title and at least spell Fontecchio's name correctly?

NO! We already saw last night that Samanic is not an NBA player.
We had seen it already before and yet he played last night.

Sorry to be the grammar police but can we please change the thread title and at least spell Fontecchio's name correctly?

NO! We already saw last night that Samanic is not an NBA player.
I blame Woj misspelling the name in the original tweet :(

I wonder what this does to the starting lineup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good question. Does Ochai start in that role? Does kessler start and lauri moves down to the 3 spot. Does clarkson level up to the 3 spot? Im guessing ochai starts but I have no idea.

welp, clear sign that the Jazz are once again giving up again on the season and getting their pick back. Clarkson and KO will be next. Hopefully we actually try to start winning something soon and this is the last year we play half a season only to give up.

Good question. Does Ochai start in that role? Does kessler start and lauri moves down to the 3 spot. Does clarkson level up to the 3 spot? Im guessing ochai starts but I have no idea.
We have to wait until the dust settles. But if there are no more trades I think Kessler starts for sure.

welp, clear sign that the Jazz are once again giving up again on the season and getting their pick back. Clarkson and KO will be next. Hopefully we actually try to start winning something soon and this is the last year we play half a season only to give up.
How many more years will Lauri be happy with that type of arrangement?

Should've resigned him. Could've probably had him for 5-7m a year.
Simone was not being signed for 5-7 million a year. The Jazz realized that he was getting a lot of interest and they would not be able to retain him. So, they went forward with this.

I'm okay with the trade. I find with my age I tend to prefer action to inaction -- the front office is clearly trying to claw their way into relevance and I think so far it's been good. For me, the most difficult question is trading for a PG or waiting for Keyonte to develop (which may not mesh with Lauri's timeline).

At any rate -- Simone will have a chance to get a nice contract this offseason if he can light **** up with Detroit. I'm happy for him.

- George