What's new

Jazz trade Fonteccio to Pistons for 2024 2nd

I think the only way it's a good move is that it gives you more options on draft day.

IDK that it provides more options beyond that. If you signed Simone to a good long-term deal, you might have far better options going forward. Since the draft is before free agency, you wouldnt be able to trade Simone on draft day, but you can trade the Wizards pick on draft day.
There is another way it's a good move. You won't like it though.
What if Hendricks and Ochai play amazing? I know you would hate that but it would make this a good move.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

You will be able to take the 32nd pick in this draft... attach a second or two to it... and move up to the late teens early 20s on draft night. Its not a "second rounder" its a "new late first."

Nah that's not it - it's because Fish isn't acting like it's a franchise-destroying move.

People are acting like it's a good move. That's not true, and it deserves being responded to.

Nothing TU said was overly dramatic or uninformed.

He's a poor man's KT. I stand by that 1000%. If you don't know what that means or you want to be hyperbolic about what it means, do you.

6'8 2-way 40% 3pt shooter who does his best damage off the catch or a single bounce. It is what it is, dont be a dunce.
Dude how old are you? You act like some teenager calling people name's when they disagree with you. I have read many of your predictions which have been ridiculous. Stop acting like your opinion is always right. It is simply your opinion. No better than mine.

You are taking percentages and using them as a comparison, but the flaw is volume of shots. KT was part of the big three at GS who actually won championships. KT scored 37 points in a quarter. So come back when Simone does that. Your comparison was dumb.

Yeah, maybe we'll draft the next Jokic and I'll look like a total idiot lol
LOL right?!? You have to take some swings but having a hit in the late first early second is huge for team building... and if it flops the cost is not much. I think Tech on a contract in the 8-12M range is likely still better value but I guess DA thinks otherwise.

Again... I don't hate or love it.

Dude how old are you? You act like some teenager calling people name's when they disagree with you. I have read many of your predictions which have been ridiculous. Stop acting like your opinion is always right. It is simply your opinion. No better than mine.

You are taking percentages and using them as a comparison, but the flaw is volume of shots. KT was part of the big three at GS who actually won championships. KT scored 37 points in a quarter. So come back when Simone does that. Your comparison was dumb.
Look, if you want to be extremely semantical and hyperbolic as to what constitutes "poor man's" go ahead. You are being annoying and dumb, but it's your right.

LOL right?!? You have to take some swings but having a hit in the late first early second is huge for team building... and if it flops the cost is not much. I think Tech on a contract in the 8-12M range is likely still better value but I guess DA thinks otherwise.

Again... I don't hate or love it.

Fair enough. I personally think Tec has been great for us, and it feels like if we had traded Ingles for a second round pick after he had blossomed with the team.

they good at guard with their young guys. Its a solid move other than Milton has bad money on his deal. That pick will be 37th or close to it. Its not Minny's second its one they own from Memphis I believe.
Nevermind... its a 2030 second... well cool.

I do know Tec is a good player. And that nothing we got is worth writing home about.
I agree Tec is a good player. You really don't know that, but you are entitled to believe it. How about we take some time and see if it was a bad or good trade. I have no idea if it is good or bad but I can understand a couple of reasons why they did it.

Nah that's not it - it's because Fish isn't acting like it's a franchise-destroying move.
Nobody's saying it's franchise destroying. It may play a big part in destroying our playoff chances this season though. That's not great. I like the playoffs, I'm weird like that.

Maybe I'm just not jaded enough to try to justify this crap with stuff like "But but our billionaire owner will save some money now!"

Also was wrong... Milton's deal next year isn't guaranteed. Good deal for Minny.

It's because you got a problem with TU so anything he says you're going to have a problem with. TU just calling out people who are downplaying Simone so they can feel better about the trade.
Nah, if TU was positive more than 1% of the time I'd probably find him to be a lot more pleasant to interact with.