What's new

Jazz trade Fonteccio to Pistons for 2024 2nd

The amount of people who are acting like 6'8 40% (not extremely high, but pretty high) volume shooters who are positive defenders just grow on trees is wild.
I mean we did find the actual Fontecchio on the end of our bench....

I kid. They aren't impossible to find but yeah... there's a reason lots of teams wanted him.

The amount of people who are acting like 6'8 40% (not extremely high, but pretty high) volume shooters who are positive defenders just grow on trees is wild.
True. There was this 6 foot 9 dude who took 5 threes per game and made 39.4% of them while also getting 1.7 blocks per game last year in college doe. Those dudes dont grow on trees either but some jazzfanz didn't/dont like players like that for some reason.

Ya I talk basketball a lot.
Rarely do I act like losing a 9 points per game dude is the end of the franchise though.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
He is still upset that THT is riding the bench. Another one of his great takes on Basketball.

Doesn't change the point. I like the dude, but losing Simone doesn't change the playoff/in situation for the Jazz that drastically, if at all.
It depends on what else we do. If we do nothing else then it affects us for sure and the margins are pretty thin.

I'm torn on this, but trying to stay positive.

I think we got good value for him. If he wasn't part of our future plans it was better to get something for him rather than nothing. If at the start of the season you told me we could get anything valuable for him, it would be a huge win. I'm liking what I see from Procida highlights. I like having a pick in the draft.

True. There was this 6 foot 9 dude who took 5 threes per game and made 39.4% of them while also getting 1.7 blocks per game last year in college doe. Those dudes dont grow on trees either but some jazzfanz didn't/dont like players like that for some reason.
lmao. This is rich.

Doesn't change the point. I like the dude, but losing Simone doesn't change the playoff/in situation for the Jazz that drastically, if at all.
Funny thing is that I think I liked simone more than almost everyone who is so upset by the trade. I had been calling for him to get around 35 minutes per game for months.

Yes, being able to read does change the point. I suggest reading the post if you want to understand the point I was making.

Also, your little statistical analysis you did there actually argued against the point you're trying to make. Just thought that was funny.

lmao. This is rich.
I agree. Its rich to act like a 6 foot 9 guy who shoots 40% from 3 and plays good defense is an amazing prototype of a player and very hard to find but a 6 foot 9 one is garbage. Who also averaged a steal, 7 rebounds and 15.1 points.

Of course. But the list of second round picks who were out of the NBA within a couple of years can fill a book.
I agree with you. My point isn't that it is a sure thing but there are guys who have made it, become starters and stars. There a book full of first rounders who busted too. Not as high percentage but still didn't become anything. The draft is a hit or miss chance that includes analyzing a player's potential and lots of luck. Karl Malone, Kobe Bryant, John Stockton were passed over for guys who never made it.

It depends on what else we do. If we do nothing else then it affects us for sure and the margins are pretty thin.
Simone's value was spacing and defense. We have plenty of shooters, so that doesn't bother me. What this hinges on is either Hendricks finding his groove at the 4 enough for Lauri to work as a SF, or we have another deal. But I wouldn't overstate Simone's value on defense.

I agree. Its rich to act like a 6 foot 9 guy who shoots 40% from 3 and plays good defense is an amazing prototype of a player and very hard to find but a 6 foot 9 one is garbage.
If you cant see the ridiculousness of comparing an unproven college prospect to a dude who was actually doing the thing.....

But then again, you dont talk ball. You are just a cheerleader, which is fine.

Yes, being able to read does change the point. I suggest reading the post if you want to understand the point I was making.

Also, your little statistical analysis you did there actually argued against the point you're trying to make. Just thought that was funny.
What the **** are you babbling about?