What's new

Jazz trade Olynyk and Ochai to Toronto for Kira Lewis, Otto Porter, and a 2024 1st round pick

You guys still believe the Jazz are trying to make the play in? LOL

Crazy how in just a day we have gone from 0 picks in this draft to 3 likely picks. I hope we have a better plan than surrounding Lauri with a bunch of rookies, however.

Unless we have a plan to trade for someone bigger I’m not sure I like punting on the season again.
This.

Here's to hoping that Kessler, Hendricks, Bryce, and even maybe tht break out and ball out and we actually get better. Obvious wishful thinking but stranger things have happened.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Has to mean Lauri is gone either today or in the summer. Tanking now doesn't make any sense otherwise.
Exactly this.

I was just going to post that the Lauri Markkanen sweepstakes are back on. If teams thought they smelled blood in the water earlier this season, they're REALLY smelling it now.

I can see Ainge wanting to renegotiate and extend Lauri to add some surface level positivity to this ********, but Lauri wanting to stay now is another matter completely. He's never been to the playoffs.

Why the hell are we tanking now?? If we were planning tanking why did we wait till after our hot stretch. I gave up my dream of tanking, now we are tanking. We should’ve been playing Hendricks and Bruce from day one. Is there any direction on this team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you re going to tank you decide before opening night and probably before you open camp.

Werent you someone who often was loud about KO being not good?
I was. He (and Ochai) was still part of the rotation where Lewis and potter probably won't be though right?

Exactly this.

I was just going to post that the Lauri Markkanen sweepstakes are back on. If teams thought they smelled blood in the water earlier this season, they're REALLY smelling it now.

Oooh boy. If Danny trades Lauri, he's risking turning the entire fanbase against him.
Depends on the return. If it's a Gobert/Mitchell level of return, it'll buy some time. But there needs to be some sort of concrete plan in place.

The way Ochai was being used towards the end of last season was completely different this year. That messed him up I think. Hopefully my guy does big things in Toronto.
They tried to use him as more of a facilitator in summer league which of course failed miserably.

Just seems that Hardy prefers guards that have some level of ballhandling.

Exactly this.

Fans should already be turning but I see no way they trade Lauri.

They tried to use him as more of a facilitator in summer league which of course failed miserably.

Just seems that Hardy prefers guards that have some level of ballhandling.
I mean, Hardy liked Ochai just fine. He was giving him minutes and would have gladly given him more if he would shoot straight.

Yeah, but were you not loud about KO often being a negative? If you are being consistent you should think this helps the Jazz.
You can think that KO is often a negative and still think that porter and Lewis are even more often more negative right?

Ochai didn’t really translate into a 3D guy. Hopefully he plays better in Toronto
I hope he doesn't play better in Toronto lol.
Worst thing ever would be if he gets minutes and confidence and turns into a stud that we wish we still had

Fans should already be turning but I see no way they trade Lauri.
Not trading Lauri has always hinged on him re-signing. Two years of being knee-capped by the FO and now (with the Hield trade to 76ers) being the NBA player with the most games without a playoff appearance.

IF Lauri doesn't re-sign this summer, then the Jazz MUST trade him. For whatever someone agrees to pay then. And Ainge's leverage is clearly weakened then.

You guys still believe the Jazz are trying to make the play in? LOL

Crazy how in just a day we have gone from 0 picks in this draft to 3 likely picks. I hope we have a better plan than surrounding Lauri with a bunch of rookies, however.
Still waiting for the final domino but this may be it.

Still waiting for the final domino but this may be it.

I'm still expecting the Clarkson trade to come in....but either way it's going to be a very barren team around Lauri. This has got to be the last time they play half a season only to quit....right?

EDIT: Nevermind on JC.

We had Ochai pegged. Yes he had beauty and athleticism but for a 6'-5" guard couldn't even dribble a basketball.

I will miss KO. Hated that trade last year but he really grew on me and was the engine of our bench with his shooting and ballhandling. He's a near perfect fit for the Raptors along with being captain of their national team. Good luck KO.
on the podcasr andy larsen said Ochai cant dribble. i did not know that and it explains why his half court game never rounded out.