What's new

Jazz trade up from 30 to 28 and select Tony Bradley

Locke took bradley in his locked on nba mock at 24. Today Locke said that he was on jazz plans at 24 before trading up. Interesting.

Sent from my VS501 using JazzFanz mobile app

The models that have Bradley #10 have Mitchell #26. So grain of salt.

If he can rebound and play when Gobert gets rest then I'm all over it.

Probably a very low chance that he develops a shot/gets so good that we have to figure out how to get him more play time with Rudy on the team, but that would be a good problem to have

I haven't read much about him yet but the first thing that came to mind was that he reminded me of another promising young Tar Heel big - John Henson.

Bradley mentioned it on his UNC bio that he loved to watch John Henson when he was younger

If you look at the stats from their freshman seasons they are pretty similar but Henson blocked 1 more shot per game than Bradley did, Bradley rebounded better and had higher shooting percentages.

That's kind of my expectation for him to be like Henson type player

I think you mean Andrew Jackson.

Nope, Jackson had at least a few positives. Johnson had none. He is pretty much the reason that it took another 100 years to get racial equality. Did everything he could to undo any good done by Abraham Lincoln. Went ahead and got impeached as well.

Anyone else think he has potential to be Okafor-lite?!?!

Both really long (albeit slow/heavy footed), but offensively it seems like he has that offensive mentality and potential, no? Unlike Favors who has really taken such a long time to become offensively skilled (and still isn't all that skilful), it seems to me like Bradley has that potential to add A LOT to his offensive arsenal.

Nice short video analysis of some of his plays here. (actually all of his youtube videos are short).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjKej5fq4QE

Also anyone else think it's weird we don't have a video interview of Bradley? Do they stop the interviews at a certain point?

When do the Jazz have a press conference? Hope NGW is there. I'm a Zags fan so I want to hear what he has to say.

Anyone else think he has potential to be Okafor-lite?!?!

Both really long (albeit slow/heavy footed), but offensively it seems like he has that offensive mentality and potential, no? Unlike Favors who has really taken such a long time to become offensively skilled (and still isn't all that skilful), it seems to me like Bradley has that potential to add A LOT to his offensive arsenal.

Even for you, this is really bad.

Okafor is incredibly polished offensively. Awful rebounder, awful defender.

Bradley has very limited offensive skill. Very good rebounder. Pretty ok defender with the potential to be good.

So how are they similar, other than they're long and have similar skin colors?