What's new

Jazz Troubles with Lindsey

David Hume

Jazz post
I never thought I’d be the one injecting politics into sports but here it goes. Due to recent events, especially the one involving Dennis Lindsey and Elijah Millsap, maybe it would do some good to post something along the lines of the following and give the media access to it:

“We JazzFanz wish to take the time to pronounce here and now that we condemn racism without exception. All of our players, regardless of their ethnicity or race, are professionals, members of our community, and admired by us fans. Racist notions are abhorrent to the vast majority of us JazzFanz. We post this document to show our commitment to equality, human rights, and basic social justice.”

Well this thread took off like the space shuttle Challenger. I’ll finish up with a final thought. The Jazz management can’t fix our PR problem. Only we fans can speak for ourselves. Donavan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert and Jordan Clarkson might be listening.

Perhaps has it occurred to anyone that Elijah Millsap was telling a fib? I don't have any problem with your statement, but if DL did what was alleged there are probably numerous other incidents. Leopards don't change their spots. If there was truth to EM's statements don't you think Pop would be calling for the firing squad?

Perhaps has it occurred to anyone that Elijah Millsap was telling a fib? I don't have any problem with your statement, but if DL did what was alleged there are probably numerous other incidents. Leopards don't change their spots. If there was truth to EM's statements don't you think Pop would be calling for the firing squad?
Homeytennis, thanks for replying. My point is not to castigate DL or Millsap. Nor is it to be partisan in the sense of political parties. Rather, I’m just saying that we fans have a PR problem at the national level and it wouldn’t hurt to say that we all have the same underlying human nature, humanity, etc.

Only if we demand a public apology from Elijah "Jussie Smollett" Millsap in conjunction with our statement.

Only if we demand a public apology from Elijah "Jussie Smollett" Millsap in conjunction with our statement.
But DasJazz, since we don't know what actually happened, why demand an apology from either of them, Millsap or Lindsay? We simply state that we JazzFanz view skin color to be only skin deep and that our underlying intelligence, character, and humanity is all the same. It seems pretty simple to me.

But DasJazz, since we don't know what actually happened, why demand an apology from either of them, Millsap or Lindsay? We simply state that we JazzFanz view skin color to be only skin deep and that our underlying intelligence, character, and humanity is all the same. It seems pretty simple to me.

Cause we're tired of race baiters trying to paint Jazz fans or even employees in this manner.

And yes, we do know what happened, a player was cut and he blamed it on race instead of his own lack of talent.

Seems pretty simple to me as well.

Because this statement implies guilt. That’s why. I’m definitely on the “ally” camp, but also we have to be very cautious about this “guilty until proven innocent” culture that’s blasted off.

If you want to put this out sometime down the road with no correlation to Lindsey I’d be fine with that. But this title alone calls out Lindsey.

From my POV feels like Nilsson feels jazz oiled his nba chances and this was retribution. People’s careers get ended with accusation and no substances, which is also horrible.

Because this statement implies guilt. That’s why. I’m definitely on the “ally” camp, but also we have to be very cautious about this “guilty until proven innocent” culture that’s blasted off.

If you want to put this out sometime down the road with no correlation to Lindsey I’d be fine with that. But this title alone calls out Lindsey.

From my POV feels like Nilsson feels jazz oiled his nba chances and this was retribution. People’s careers get ended with accusation and no substances, which is also horrible.
PhippsJ, thanks for the response. I could have thought of a better title for the thread, that's true. I like your idea of putting it out sometime down the road with no correlation to Lindsay.

Because of threads exactly like this with Dennis’s name in the topic headline. Dennis should sue Millsap into oblivion for defamation of character. Here’s a tip, if you’re going to defame someone publicly with loose allegations, you better have proof, or witnesses that can corroborate your story, otherwise you open yourself up to being sued for libel. Dennis’s name being in the headline of this thread is a perfect example of why he should sue. You had a great idea for a thread, but putting Dennis’s name in the title shows the damage an accusation, whether true or not true can do to someone.

Jazz post
I never thought I’d be the one injecting politics into sports but here it goes. Due to recent events, especially the one involving Dennis Lindsey and Elijah Millsap, maybe it would do some good to post something along the lines of the following and give the media access to it:

“We JazzFanz wish to take the time to pronounce here and now that we condemn racism without exception. All of our players, regardless of their ethnicity or race, are professionals, members of our community, and admired by us fans. Racist notions are abhorrent to the vast majority of us JazzFanz. We post this document to show our commitment to equality, human rights, and basic social justice.”
And yes, we should all condemn racism and bigotry at every turn and fight to make our communities and those around us more aware of these issues and more inclusive places. I’m in the fight with you 100%.

And yes, we should all condemn racism and bigotry at every turn and fight to make our communities and those around us more aware of these issues and more inclusive places. I’m in the fight with you 100%.
Oneye, thanks for taking the time to respond.