What's new

jazz vs bulls on nbatv now

Watching that game lately I've noticed one thing that isn't talked about often.
The final shot.

We have 5 seconds to play with. Why didn't we try for something better than a contested Stockton 3?
We were only down 1. Drive to the basket damn it! Did Sloan call that brilliant end to our dreams?

Watching that game lately I've noticed one thing that isn't talked about often.
The final shot.

We have 5 seconds to play with. Why didn't we try for something better than a contested Stockton 3?
We were only down 1. Drive to the basket damn it! Did Sloan call that brilliant end to our dreams?

I think the play was called "Inbound the ball to John". It was up to him to decide to drive or shoot. I can still see that ball bounce off the rim and see it get tapped down the court and Rodman running around with his arms in the air. The last 30-something seconds of that game, from St. John's 3 until the final buzzer have played in my mind thousands and thousands of time. Why didn't they guard Jordan better on the side-out play after the timeout? Why couldn't Horny curl and get into the lane rather than just pass through it? Why couldn't Karl look right instead of left? And why didn't Stockton drive? Dammit.

I think the play was called "Inbound the ball to John". It was up to him to decide to drive or shoot. I can still see that ball bounce off the rim and see it get tapped down the court and Rodman running around with his arms in the air. The last 30-something seconds of that game, from St. John's 3 until the final buzzer have played in my mind thousands and thousands of time. Why didn't they guard Jordan better on the side-out play after the timeout? Why couldn't Horny curl and get into the lane rather than just pass through it? Why couldn't Karl look right instead of left? And why didn't Stockton drive? Dammit.

You just described jazzfanz....... Lol.

Thanks for completely ruining my Sunday.