What's new

Jazz vs. Lakers - Christmas Day 1988

One of my favorite games ever. We sat in my dad's work's seats, about 5 rows up and heckled Magic throughout the game.

It's amazing how well the Jazz used to run the floor. And having a legit shot-blocker was beyond awesome.

It's amazing how well the Jazz used to run the floor. And having a legit shot-blocker was beyond awesome.
It's amazing to me how far the NBA athlete has come in the last 20 years. Eaton would have no hope in today's NBA.

One of the first games I ever went to. Mostly I remember Grandpa nearly getting into a fight with some dude in a Worthy jersey in our row.

In addition to Sloan it's amazing to see Phil Johnson still sitting in the same chair next to Sloan and even David Fredman - sitting directly behind Phil as he did until 2001 (Fredman is back with the Jazz now and was with the team since their expansion in New Orleans).

Also a funny shot of Scott Layden at the 7:00 minute mark.

S&M were both so good with their hands. On offense, but especially on D.

I'm guessing YB was the guy in the crowd with the mullet and "Skid Row" tank top?

Nice. One of my earlier memories with the Jazz. I have this game recorded on VHS somewhere.
Thanks for linking this. Good memories.