What's new

Jazz vs. Mavs in round one

think what you want but Dinwiddie creates a lot of his own looks and he's the type of guard we struggle with... has length, can shoot and is shifty. Brunson in addition to being able to run the pick and roll has a post up game that could bother Mike.

I'm not saying they are some duo to be feared... I'm simply saying they are much more capable than some are giving credit for and our perimeter defense in the playoffs has traditionally been fiery diarrhea. Again Dhillon effing Brooks scored 26 a game against us last year.

We should be able to manage... we have the talent to be up 2-0 or 3-0 without Luka... but we have underperformed and had mental collapses all year.
We need to see more House in this one.

He said the league may stretch our series out and Game 3 might not be until Friday. He also said it is absolutely the right thing for the league to do.

Weird add on at the end there. He got destroyed and deleted it.
Thanks.

Yeah that's more than weird. But it would be the league basically admitting they cater only to whoever they view as the superstars. They didn't do that last year for Mitchell. If they do that'd be the beginning of the end of my fandom. That and the obviously slanted officiating this year would cement it that there is no interest in the game, just the money machine.

What's really stupid is the game is popular enough they could play it very straight and still be insanely profitable. But anything and everything is fair game if it bumps the profits up 1/2 a percent.

Thanks.

Yeah that's more than weird. But it would be the league basically admitting they cater only to whoever they view as the superstars. They didn't do that last year for Mitchell. If they do that'd be the beginning of the end of my fandom. That and the obviously slanted officiating this year would cement it that there is no interest in the game, just the money machine.

What's really stupid is the game is popular enough they could play it very straight and still be insanely profitable. But anything and everything is fair game if it bumps the profits up 1/2 a percent.

I think Game 3 will be on Thursday.

Terrence Mann and RJ scored a combined 66 against us in a playoff game last year. We are capable of anything. I would be shocked to see Burke score more than 20 in a game though.

Yeah....If Dinwiddie/Brunson don't eat, that probably means they're just passing it out to a wide open Kleber in the corner. His shooting was shaky, but so was Mann's. Really can't trust our defenders to stay in front of anyone. I think were likely to jump out to an early series lead if the Mavs try to attack Gobert in the switches. Once they realize everyone else on the court is worse....the floodgates will open just like LAC last year.

I actually think we'll see a dose of Burke if Luka is out. He was more of a Carlisle guy....but it would not surprise me if Kidd tries to use him as a spark plug. Anyone has the potential to go off against us, and Trey Burke going off would be the type of stupid thing that makes us drop a game.

It's hard to gauge how the injury will affect him but if he is out there, he is sure to force it which could be to our advantage. He is so talented, though and never plays fast and sees the floor so well.

I guess they aren't going to play much zone, they will probably shrink the floor around Luka after switches and bait us into beating it and try to recover if the ball moves. Not unbeatable but Jazz haven't been making the right decisions.

Luka probably starts on the low weakside, he can see the whole floor and make good rotations. He has been playing more like a 4 on defense lately. If his calf keeps him from making timely rotations, they would have to put him in the first line of action then it's all about getting him on ball and making them react. If he is fine, Jazz would probably put Bojan on weakside so he gets keeps guessing. Things are going to change so much, though.

For as bad as Quin is at making adjustments during the game, I think he is an excellent pregame planner. Attacking a defensive weak point has been a strength of his. Think Melo against OKC or Porter Jr against DEN. The Jazz have destroyed defenses by attacking liabilities, and it's not always in a direct way either. Taking advantage of a bad defender when he's supposed to be the help defender can be just as effective. Quin will know that Luka is not 100% before the game and I think he'll have a good plan to attack him.

Tim Mcmahon was on Checketts show today, he said he would be absolutely shocked if Luka plays in game one. He also said that yesterday he picked Mavs in 7 but today he changed his pick to Jazz in 6 because he's feeling less optimistic about Luka.

Saturday, Monday, Thursday, Saturday.

Lol guys we already got a break from the league. Game 1 was scheduled the earliest way possible for us already. Zero shot they give 3 days in between Game 1 and 2 and then another between Game 2 and Game 3. You think teams are going to be ok with playing with one day in between while we are getting two in between both? I highly doubt this happens. I almost guarantee Game 2 is on Monday and then they could stretch Game 3 to Thursday.

Zero shot there is two days in between every game.

I hate being right all the time.

Since 2000, the Jazz in the first round: 36-41...and 10-25 in the second round.

So, we're slightly worse than average in first-round games (though 6-2 in that 4/5 match-up) and terrible in the semifinals.

Make of this what you will.

Thanks.

The NBA has been at least slightly manipulated ever since they changed how the refs called games between Detroit and Chicago 30+ years ago.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

We should win this series, but this team's confidence is so shaky and they are so dysfunctional anything could happen. I honestly think the Mavs are probably gonna win.

We should win this series, but this team's confidence is so shaky and they are so dysfunctional anything could happen. I honestly think the Mavs are probably gonna win.
If Luka is able to be Luka by game 3 we are in trouble. If not then I think we win... it will be a bit hollow but I'll take it.

Same vibe I get. I think the Jazz should win this series even if Luka was healthy. They should definitely win now that Luka is hurt....but nothing about this team's performance makes sense. Can't trust them to perform, especially when it matters most.

When Luka starts doing individual on-court work, he'll still be 8+ days away from coming back. He needs to start running and then be cleared for contact and practicing full speed. I think he's going to be out through Game 4, at least. He could easily miss the entire series. Jazz should really be up 3-1 after 4 games.

Last edited: