What's new

Jazz vs. Mavs in round one

Hasn't... Mitchell won more playoff series than Luka? I get that Luka is a helluva player. But people are making it sound like he's won championships already. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't made it past the 2nd round either, right? Didn't Luka and the Mavs also blow a big lead to the Clippers last year? I get that we really screwed the pooch last year. But we also didn't have a healthy backcourt. What was Dallas's excuse? They had a 3-2 lead and blew the series.
Man I would hate to add some nuance... but I'm sure you have all the facts... like that Luka is 23 years old and how he took a fully healthy clippers team to 7 games last year with playoff Kawhi going for 32+ per game. Also that Luka's current roster is better and he's also better now. I mean he only went for 36/10/8 in that series and in the closing game he had 46 and 14.

The year before that when the lost to the healthy clips you probably know the Zinger got hurt in game 3 and didn't play the rest of the series after playing what was the best basketball of his career.

Apologies if you have all this info already.

Hasn't... Mitchell won more playoff series than Luka? I get that Luka is a helluva player. But people are making it sound like he's won championships already. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't made it past the 2nd round either, right? Didn't Luka and the Mavs also blow a big lead to the Clippers last year? I get that we really screwed the pooch last year. But we also didn't have a healthy backcourt. What was Dallas's excuse? They had a 3-2 lead and blew the series.

Mitchell has had, and still has far better players around him than Luka has ever had so far in his career. Mitchell has been great in the playoffs, but he's also had a really good supporting cast around him that gave him a lot of help.

The injury to Luka didn't look very bad tbh. Nagging I am sure but pain pills will probably keep him going strong through the first round from what I saw.
The soft tissue injuries are different though... if you have an ankle or knee you can immobilize it and shouldn't do too much more damage... if they shoot him up and send him out he could have a tear or worse. KD's injury was a calf injury originally too. Just depends on severity of course... neither end of the spectrum would surprise me on this injury. We definitely caught a break.

Dallas is currently a -1 point favorite for Game 1 on FanDuel right now. If you think Luka misses Game 1 that could be easy money right there. Basically pick’em at the moment. It will shift a few points either direction depending on his injury diagnosis today.

Line has already moved to Jazz -2.5 in a little less than 3 hours. I think everyone was thinking what I’m thinking.

Line has already moved to Jazz -2.5 in a little less than 3 hours. I think everyone was thinking what I’m thinking.
If we get game 2 on Monday they are in real trouble here. They need every day they can get.

Mitchell is a killer in the playoffs so dallas loses.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
If we get the playoff Donovan we have seen the last two years then I think we will be okay regardless of Luka. What I have seen from this team this season just gives me no confidence that player comes out... pressure has been a horrible thing for this squad and the playoffs are a pressure cooker.

I do wish I had your optimism here... considering Luka's status I will upgrade us to 50/50 shot in this series as of right now.

Mitchell has had, and still has far better players around him than Luka has ever had so far in his career. Mitchell has been great in the playoffs, but he's also had a really good supporting cast around him that gave him a lot of help.
I guess? But he's not exactly "a killer." I think we're really selling our guy short here. Spida, although he isn't a perfect player, has been one of the best playoff performers in the last several years. I think we forget how damn good he was last year despite having a bad ankle. The Jazz didn't fall short because of Spida. Not having a healthy Conley and Q being outcoached by Lue was our downfall.

I disagree. Mitchell led us over OKC as a rookie when our supporting cast wasn't that great and comparable to what Doncic has had.

While our roster has been better, our playoff roster hasn't been that much better due to injuries.

Luka throws up some eye popping stats, but Donovan has a better playoff resume to this point.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Its a limited curse on his basketball teams.

I feel like his basketball teams were even pretty successful. His byu team went deep in the tournament iirc and his celtics teams were pretty good when he played on them i think. Even his teams that he has been the gm for have had pretty good success (getting to the playoffs and acquiring hella assets. Which they admittedly blew)
Dude has been pretty succesful in basketball teams as well imo. Though not elite successful

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app