What's new

Jazz vs Pacers | Wednesday December 1st @ 7:00pm

Jazz come out flat and fall behind.
They pick it up in the second half and win by 10.

~Nostradamus

We should be able to win this game but Pacers have been playing well. And they are plenty talented enough to beat us.

....this is a back to back for them, ending a long road trip. If we just play with some intensity, box out, keep the turnovers to a minimum (less than 15) and shoot half-way decent...we should win. Bookies like us. We are 8 point favorites.

Things I expect to see tonight:

-Both teams score over 100
-Jazz win by 5
-Deron Williams with 25 points and 10 assists
-Danny Granger with 30 points
-Rush defending Deron at times
-Millsap taking it to McRoberts for 20 and 10
-Jefferson grabbing more rebounds than Hibbert
-Jazz and Pacers both with 20+ fastbreak points
-Sloan making O'Brien look foolish at some critical turn in the game
-Posey getting plenty of minutes in spite of being cold and lifeless on the court

Indiana Pacers primer:

-Hibbert is playing like an All-Star this season.
-Granger is a badass.
-Collison is still brilliant, but he's being misused by borderline-cowardly coaching from O'Brien, who just isn't a very good coach -- the point being, don't look at Collison's numbers for this season and assume he was overrated before joining the Pacers; this kid can flat-out play.
-Ford finally looks like he belongs in the NBA again.
-Dunleavy is hustling (contract year).
-Rush has sworn off the marijuana, and maybe that explains why he's so much more aggressive this season.
-Troy Murphy (Pacers fans call him "the Matador" ala Booz) has been replaced by Josh McRoberts, chock full of true grit, constantly hustling -- okay at everything, good at nothing except dunking in the open court and playing with a lot of heart.

This Pacers team is dangerous. They came to within an inch of beating San Antonio in San Antonio. They're beating playoff teams. Their road record is better than their home record. They hit 20 straight shots against the Denver Nuggets the night we beat Miami. Tonight, they are going to push the ball and look to score instantly and constantly. Our big men are going to have to hustle to get back on defense on every play. Jefferson and Fes (if he plays) are going to get worn down. (That's how they beat you.) They're going to shoot and miss a lot of three pointers so our guards are going to have to be prepared to grab long rebounds and fast break. I expect the Watson/Price duo to shine.

The Pacers are my second-favorite team. I root for them to win every game that they're not playing against the Jazz.

Go Jazz!

-Jazz win by 5
-Posey getting plenty of minutes in spite of being cold and lifeless on the court

Indiana Pacers primer:

-Granger is a badass.
-Collison is still brilliant, but he's being misused by borderline-cowardly coaching from O'Brien, who just isn't a very good coach -- the point being, don't look at Collison's numbers for this season and assume he was overrated before joining the Pacers; this kid can flat-out play.
-Rush has sworn off the marijuana, and maybe that explains why he's so much more aggressive this season.
-Troy Murphy (Pacers fans call him "the Matador" ala Booz) has been replaced by Josh McRoberts, chock full of true grit, constantly hustling -- okay at everything, good at nothing except dunking in the open court and playing with a lot of heart.

This Pacers team is dangerous. They came to within an inch of beating San Antonio in San Antonio. They're beating playoff teams. Their road record is better than their home record. They hit 20 straight shots against the Denver Nuggets the night we beat Miami. Tonight, they are going to push the ball and look to score instantly and constantly. Our big men are going to have to hustle to get back on defense on every play. Jefferson and Fes (if he plays) are going to get worn down. (That's how they beat you.) They're going to shoot and miss a lot of three pointers so our guards are going to have to be prepared to grab long rebounds and fast break. I expect the Watson/Price duo to shine.

The Pacers are my second-favorite team. I root for them to win every game that they're not playing against the Jazz.

Go Jazz!

After the Jazz there is nothing :)

-Jazz win by 5

Indiana Pacers primer:

-Granger is a badass.

Go Jazz!

This makes me think this may be a L for Utah.

without brewer guarding danny granger. granger will score 80 points alteast trying to break kobe's mark.
we seriously need brewer for this game

speaking of brewer where is brewer hater troy? is he still around or did he move to chicago board to hate on brewer there

speaking of brewer part II bozzer is a game time decision for tonight, another game to keep an eye on BOZZER

without brewer guarding danny granger. granger will score 80 points alteast trying to break kobe's mark.
we seriously need brewer for this game

speaking of brewer where is brewer hater troy? is he still around or did he move to chicago board to hate on brewer there

speaking of brewer part II bozzer is a game time decision for tonight, another game to keep an eye on BOZZER

Wont Ak and Mils be guarding El Lobo tonight?

I see Collison being a problem for Deron defensively, Granger a problem for everyone defensively, and Hibbert being a problem for Jefferson on both sides of the floor. That's not good. Pacers are playing well, but I'm not sure the Jazz have prioritized this game and/or have the scouting report up-to-date. Tarp game indeed.

The Jazz have the tools and some advantages of their own they'll need to effectively neutralize some of Indy's strengths. It will be good to put Bell on Granger at times to see how Granger responds to physical D because that's he got shut down last year. Rotating AK (impressive size, athleticism, length, and instincts) and Bell (physical, savvy, a flopper from hell) on Granger is about the most you could possibly throw at him as far as matchups are concerned. Hibbert vs. Jefferson intrigues me since neither have proven consistent, but while Jefferson should have a speed and strength advantage, I don't think he has the speed and he's played very soft for the vast majority of his time here. I think he's changing that, but we'll see. Deron should put Collison to task on every possession offensively since there's a chance he might get burned defensively. He needs to make the Pacers pay for having someone that weak/small assigned to guard him. Lots of hesitation moves/headfakes to get Collison a little off-balance and getting into the lane, UCLA cuts into post-ups, stuff that Collison just doesn't have the strength to guard against.

The Jazz can win this one and they'd better since I'll be there. My lady is from Indy and knows their radio-guy, so he gets us nice seats every time the Pacers come through. Score.

I agree. I think we should turn Granger into a 3 point shooter. I think the more 3 point shots he takes the better. Granger is only dangerous when he is scoring from all over the court. and when he i scoring inside that will open up his 3 point shot. Don't let Grangers offensive game be balanced. And if we can keep Hibbert out of the paint than we are golden. I am afraid this is a game where we will need Fesenko to guard Hibbert but Sloan won't make the adjustment in time. We can win with Granger having a big game. But I don't think we can win having Hibbert or Collison having a big game also.

Very glad the Pacers beat the Lakers. This game had "trap game" written all over it with the Mavericks coming to SLC for a nationally televised showdown Friday night. Hopefully the Jazz now realize this team is talented enough to hammer them if they don't bring it. Millsap's been a little too passive offensively the past several games. Need to see him look to score more, he should have a huge advantage with Josh McRoberts guarding him - no way Sap shouldn't have his way.

Very glad the Pacers beat the Lakers. This game had "trap game" written all over it with the Mavericks coming to SLC for a nationally televised showdown Friday night. Hopefully the Jazz now realize this team is talented enough to hammer them if they don't bring it. Millsap's been a little too passive offensively the past several games. Need to see him look to score more, he should have a huge advantage with Josh McRoberts guarding him - no way Sap shouldn't have his way.

No respect for the Dookie. Seems to be familiar refrain. Actually two dookies on that team. We must win!

Millsap needs to show up and assert himself. He's been coming back to earth for a little while now. I want to see him get double-digit boards because I'm starting to get concerned about that part of his game.

Don't sleep on McRoberts either. The guy hussles is *** off and has more skills than he's given credit for. He gave us fits last season. He did this last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BWVbi0UCfo