What's new

Jazz vs Pistons (24th of Jan)

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
This is my first shot at a game thread, so here it goes.

On a cold Wednesday night in motor city, can our motley band of battered heroes led by a rookie sensation get the W and restart our season or toil mightily and keep the tank alive?

The Pistons, led by a man who looks like a competitive donut eater, are pushing for what will likely be a pointless excursion to the playoffs, they are the lesser sons of greater sires.

OG-SVG.jpg

Will our Jazz led by an unlikely rookie wunderkid,

_dotn_6.jpg

and possibly the worst dressed pimp in America,

700509817.jpg

steal a win in a city renowned around the world for its crime rate or will we push on boldly and set our sight on the lottery?

My wife was sitting by me for the game where Gobert wore that outfit and all she said was "what the **** is he doing?!"

Last edited:
Front page story on Hoopshype right now is "Firesale in Utah? with a picture featuring Rodney Hood with Jerebko off to the side.

This is a step up in rumours, even for a team which has had rumours surrounding it for weeks. I am curious to see how it impacts the players tonight.

Front page story on Hoopshype right now is "Firesale in Utah? with a picture featuring Rodney Hood with Jerebko off to the side.

This is a step up in rumours, even for a team which has had rumours surrounding it for weeks. I am curious to see how it impacts the players tonight.
I can’t wait until the trade deadline passes. There will be a bit more certainty. This has been one of the most rumored and crazy deadlines I’ve seen the Jazz and even the league go through. Donovan’s getting dipped nicely into the craziness that is the NBA in his first season, including half his teammates as part of those rumors. Last year we were stable and this year is just heck-tick. I hope we make a move or two, but goodness these rumors and this trade deadline is getting old even as a fan, I can’t imagine how it is to be a player or team in so many rumors.

Expect Mitchel to struggle again and have no lanes to the basket if our coaching genius decides to run the good ol, PNR to butter fingers mcGOBS featuring sluglord FAVORS, STARRING THE ONE AND ONLY RICKY BRICKY RUBIO.

I also heard CART HORSE ingles is making a cameo appearance.

Just an FYI for everyone as well. The ATT Sportsnet App is now available and you can stream Jazz games on mobile devices with that app by logging in with your TV provider. It's about damn time we could do this with Jazz games.

I think we have a fire sale going for sure, I dont think its a rumor. Unfortunately that means we dont get fair value back for what we are trading away.

Where do I apply to get paid 14 million USD to brick with Rick

For the money, you have to admit Neto is our better point guard (prove me wrong tonight Ricky!)

I think we have a fire sale going for sure, I dont think its a rumor. Unfortunately that means we dont get fair value back for what we are trading away.
What IS fair value? Favs and Hood are rentals. If I'm a GM of a contender I don't offer more than a 2nd round pick for either. If im GM of a non-playoff team i wait for free agency. Burks is deadweight and so is Rubio. Johnson should have retired last year. The player who might have the best value is Udoh.

Udoh, Jerebko and Thabo were the three best trade pieces. Now two of them are, Thabo has some value because apparently next years contract is not guaranteed.

L. Team is not playing well together. Trade rumors. Bad fits. Snyder will start Rubio and play Johnson 20+ minutes. All adds up to another L. PROVE ME WRONG.