What's new

Jazz vs The Gift Horse Nugget

I didn't check is the 7-0 without pgs accurate?

Very interesting. 7 games is only 8% of the season so it may not be enough to draw statistical conclusions but I gaurentee Lindsey is evaluating it.

Will certainly add to the intrigue this summer.

Fwiw i am kind of over all three pgs. I try to be positive and supportive of Jazz players but those guys make it hard. Poor Neto, I wish he could be healthy now and the jazz would've played him more when he first arrived but if he can't stay healthy either its hard to keep hanging on.

this game is a prime example of why +- is a bull$hit stat. rudy was a -10, don -14. allen had a very good first half and a very bad short stretch in the 2nd half but still ended the game +5 just like royce (who shot very poorly but had better defensive impact). other than that 2nd half stretch for allen, I liked his floor game. only wish he would pull the trigger more on some shots he passed up in the first. he kept beating his man off the dribble off a ball fake or quick drive off closeouts, but then he kicked it back out every time, albeit to open shooters (mostly to jae).

I didn't check is the 7-0 without pgs accurate?

Very interesting. 7 games is only 8% of the season so it may not be enough to draw statistical conclusions but I gaurentee Lindsey is evaluating it.

Will certainly add to the intrigue this summer.

Fwiw i am kind of over all three pgs. I try to be positive and supportive of Jazz players but those guys make it hard. Poor Neto, I wish he could be healthy now and the jazz would've played him more when he first arrived but if he can't stay healthy either its hard to keep hanging on.

i've been over ricky. team has looked completely different without him and that extends to last year's playoffs. i hope they don't resign him, not even as a backup. you can roll w/ X/neto for now, and when both inevitably become injured, both don and grayson can play it in a pinch.

I got nuff respect for Ricky but we are a more versatile and dynamic team without him. Time to move on ...
Uhh, what?

You really think the Jazz are more versatile and dynamic offensively with Royce on the court vs Rubio?

That doesnt make any sense, and to your earlier tweet, the number still show the offense performs better with Rubio on the court vs off the court.

he kept beating his man off the dribble off a ball fake or quick drive off closeouts, but then he kicked it back out every time, albeit to open shooters (mostly to jae).

Yeah, you just described one of the main features of the Jazz's offense. That's what he's suppose to do.

As great as Favors was at finishing in the pnr last night I was even more impressed with his passing. There was one play in particular where Faves had to reach behind him to corral the pass and then he whipped it to Korver in the corner for a wide open three. It was fantastic stuff.
He has been playing great.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'd like to think that come playoffs, it will make a difference that our starting SF and PF oddly appear to also be the best best back up PG and C in the league.
Agreed

I watched the game today while on breaks and lunch at work.
Royce, Crowder, and Allen missed like 8 wide open 3's. And when I say wide open I'm talking like 10 feet of space from the nearest defender.

And we still had a comfortable lead for the majority of the game. Quite impressive.

The block at the end by Rudy, the favors dunk on plumlee and Donovan's insane scoop shot really stood out to me.

Also, I think the refs favored us in this game.

The jazz offense runs better without Rubio. Less restrictions with shooting, more variation and versatility on the scoring end. Less bricks and turnovers too.

I also like the tools Royce brings to the starting lineup, we are more dangerous with him than Rubio. Things seem to open up more for us and run freely without Ricky on the floor.

Royce had a crappy shooting night but he will be alright

-0.7 OBPM this year. Eye test and advanced stats agree.

Any excuse to post the entire highlights of the game last night, but check out this Korver three at 5:57 mark.

So Murray misses, Rudy rebounds. Korver, who has contested Murray's shot really well and caused that miss, continues with the momentum that carries him past Murray and runs to the three-point line. Rudy passes to Kyle, and notice that when he receives the pass, the other 4 Jazzmen are all inside our own 3-point line. Both Jokić and Millsap are back, but even they don't believe that Kyle would just pull up 3 feet behind the line with everyone still being in our backcourt. He, of course, does pull up and drains it, causing Naz to go into some awkward robot or something on the sideline.

I mean, that's got to be so demoralizing for the other team. The shot clock says 20 when the three swishes and you didn't really do anything wrong there if you're Denver.

I watched the game today while on breaks and lunch at work.
Royce, Crowder, and Allen missed like 8 wide open 3's. And when I say wide open I'm talking like 10 feet of space from the nearest defender.

And we still had a comfortable lead for the majority of the game. Quite impressive.

The block at the end by Rudy, the favors dunk on plumlee and Donovan's insane scoop shot really stood out to me.

Also, I think the refs favored us in this game.

I think the refs called a loose game which favors defense over offense, so in that sense I agree with you. When Denver got aggressive, they got some calls too. That was playoff intensity defense and officiating which should comfort Jazz fans as much as it should concern Nugs fans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Uhh, what?

You really think the Jazz are more versatile and dynamic offensively with Royce on the court vs Rubio?

That doesnt make any sense, and to your earlier tweet, the number still show the offense performs better with Rubio on the court vs off the court.

What site(s) do you use for these stats?