What's new

Jazz Writers Twitter Space

I meant he might be a perfect tank commander in that he could lose them a lot of games
He could lose games, but I think that is a pretty easy task. If we are going to tank, we should trade any vet with value. Develop the young players and bring in some cheap short term contract good character vets to teach them well.

He could lose games, but I think that is a pretty easy task. If we are going to tank, we should trade any vet with value. Develop the young players and bring in some cheap short term contract good character vets to teach them well.

Oh, I completely agree. I was mostly just joking about JC.

Did they touch on Mike Conley? Washington was a team rumored to acquire Conley but they did a quick pivot from it. Is it just going to be too difficult to move him or what? It feels like he has trade value but it would have to be the right situation.

This whole situation reminds me of the podcast Locke did in March about team culture and also the tweet by Tony Jones when Joe was traded where TJ said something to the effect that Joe was the only person in the locker room who could say no or stand up to Donny. I think I am remembering that correctly.

Did they touch on Mike Conley? Washington was a team rumored to acquire Conley but they did a quick pivot from it. Is it just going to be too difficult to move him or what? It feels like he has trade value but it would have to be the right situation.
Agreed that any potential market for him has seemed to dry up. Seemed to think that it's likely he'll be with the team as a result. I think they thought the Jazz will move him if they can, but are pessimistic that this will work out. Thought that Jazz may end up trying to get him to be good with coming off the bench, but were uncertain whether that will work.

Yeah Dennis Lindsey was really bad at the signing contracts part at being a GM. I think he got scarred from Hayward leaving over DL hard balling him over a couple of million on his extension
He really never got them right and they all spiraled to this upcoming rebuild. Drafting Mitchell and Gobert makes up for a lot… but he bungled Hayward’s extension so badly he left for nothing in free agency (the same summer we drafted Mitchell…if he had stayed one more year he might have been the perfect piece along Mitchell and Gobert that we never had—and we might not have been desperate enough to do the Conley trade), the Favors handout, all the free agency pieces he got never fit our needs and never panned out. His mistakes all seemed small at the time— the Hayward and favors stuff aside—but they’ve all added up, handicapped the the flexibility of the team, and along with the bad Conley bet are forcing this incarnation of the Jazz into a early rebuild. This era will be remembered only for what might have been, while a team bled to death from a thousand cuts.

If the so-called enlightened had their way in the 80s and 90s, Malone would have been traded in 1994 and the Jazz would be located in Louisville or some **** by now.

This is why I don't take much of what you numskulls say seriously, anyway.

He really never got them right and they all spiraled to this upcoming rebuild. Drafting Mitchell and Gobert makes up for a lot… but he bungled Hayward’s extension so badly he left for nothing in free agency (the same summer we drafted Mitchell…if he had stayed one more year he might have been the perfect piece along Mitchell and Gobert that we never had—and we might not have been desperate enough to do the Conley trade), the Favors handout, all the free agency pieces he got never fit our needs and never panned out. His mistakes all seemed small at the time— the Hayward and favors stuff aside—but they’ve all added up, handicapped the the flexibility of the team, and along with the bad Conley bet are forcing this incarnation of the Jazz into a early rebuild. This era will be remembered only for what might have been, while a team bled to death from a thousand cuts.
Lindsey wasted 10 years of 1st round picks on failed point guard transactions.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Seriously Hayward, Gobert and Mitchell might have won Utah a chip. That's a good core right there.

If the so-called enlightened had their way in the 80s and 90s, Malone would have been traded in 1994 and the Jazz would be located in Louisville or some **** by now.

This is why I don't take much of what you numskulls say seriously, anyway.
I remember that well. Everyone wanted to blow us for multiple off seasons and Sloan and Larry kept saying stay the course. It is one of the reasons that I struggle with what we are doing right now, especially with a guy who wanted to be here.