What's new

Jazzfanz: Al is ballstopper. Reality: Jefferson had highest pure pt rating of any center

Al Jefferson is a good center, an old-timer type one with post moves that not every center has. But he is a black hole. And he does not defend the pooping fly. He has good attitude and he's helpful and motivating to the young ones. That's about it.

Among qualified centers, Al was tied for 3rd in usage and 1st in turnover percentage. Despite the high usage rate, Al was 25th in assist percentage. You should probably start your analysis by looking at what pure point rating actually measures.

Al Jefferson is a good center, an old-timer type one with post moves that not every center has. But he is a black hole. And he does not defend the pooping fly. He has good attitude and he's helpful and motivating to the young ones. That's about it.

I agree with just about everything you said. Al can defend one-on-one in the post. He either is just incapable of defending the pick and roll or he doesn't put enough effort into it.

And he isn't a good rebounder. I mean he can't hold the offensive player on his back. He's just lazy and doesn't play winning basketball.

I agree with just about everything you said. Al can defend one-on-one in the post. He either is just incapable of defending the pick and roll or he doesn't put enough effort into it.

Yes you see the problem with Al's game attitude is that he does not play for the sake of becoming the best player he can be. He looks like he thinks "I'm done". He could play much better. But he needs the lungs for that.