What's new

Jazzfanz BIG BOARD rankings ROUND 4

If all of these players were available who would you want The Jazz to pick?

• Al-Farouq Aminu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole Aldrich

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • DeMarcus Cousins

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Ed Davis

• Ekpe Udoh

• Greg Monroe

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Hassan Whiteside

• Patrick Patterson

• Wesley Johnson

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Xavier Henry

• Total voters

UGLI baby

Jazzfanz Big Board

evan-turner-poy.jpg

Evan Turner

john.wall.jpg

John Wall

spt-100106-derrick-favors.300w.jpg

Derrick Favors

I guess I am not sold on Wes Johnson being the 4th best player in this draft as I don't see him becoming a dominant player in this league

Cousins was the most dominant big man in the country last year as a freshman

I guess I am not sold on Wes Johnson being the 4th best player in this draft as I don't see him becoming a dominant player in this league

Cousins was the most dominant big man in the country last year as a freshman

And also a very mediocre defensive player. Combine that with his work ethic/attitude issues, enough for me to pass on him this early.

And also a very mediocre defensive player. Combine that with his work ethic/attitude issues, enough for me to pass on him this early.

I was going to say almost exactly that. I can only add that I'm not sure why any Jazz fan would want a player of his style, knowing what kind of team and coach we have. Cousins is destined to be a locker room cancer and a big disappointment IMO.

EDIT: Course I'm no psychic, so if he turns out to mature greatly in his transition to the NBA and live up to his potential, then more power to the guy. I'm all for people showing up the doubters. Even if I'm one of them.

How many bigs pan out in the draft compared to guards, thats why you almost be assured that a guard that played well in college and dominated more than likely will play well in the pros, there is just to many forwards and centers that fail in this league coming from college, its just everyone falls in love with size including myself. I even believe that we won't win much of anything except for maybe one playoff series with a 6'6" power forward. So the most sure things in this draft will be Wall being a starting point guard for many years in the NBA maybe even all-star, Evan Turner being a great two guard, and Wesley Johnson being a very good wing player barring any injuries to any of these players. All the rest of the players are a wash we really won't know what they are REALLY going to be as player and what they bring every night.

I still lol at people saying Cousins has poor work ethic. He might have an attitude, but its obvious this guy goes out and gives good effort. You dont become a top rebounder in college without some sort of effort. Also, I likee Aminu over Johnson, he should be the 5th player picked in this game.

And having some attitude can be a great thing. Jazzfanz complain about how soft we are, Cousins is anything but soft, he would add toughness to our team.

I still lol at people saying Cousins has poor work ethic. He might have an attitude, but its obvious this guy goes out and gives good effort. You dont become a top rebounder in college without some sort of effort. Also, I likee Aminu over Johnson, he should be the 5th player picked in this game.

And having some attitude can be a great thing. Jazzfanz complain about how soft we are, Cousins is anything but soft, he would add toughness to our team.

Are we watching the same player? DraftExpress sees exactly what I see in Cousins. From their website:

Weaknesses:
-Activity level
-Commitment to defense
-Defensive fundamentals
-Body language
-Doesn't always play hard
-Focus
-High bust potential?
-Intelligence
-Maturity
-Mental Toughness
-Questionable intangibles

That's a WHOLE lot of red flags, don't you think?

Not to mention, his body fat percentage is 16.3%, higher than Mike Sweetney's and Shaq's coming out of college. Clear sign of poor work ethic.

Those are really the qualities you want on the Jazz? I will pass. It's just not smart to take a risk like that on that kind of person in the lotto. Stats aren't everything.

https://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeMarcus-Cousins-1318/

Most of those flags are really about how young he is, the kid is 19 years old. It's too early to tell, some guys get it and other guys don't. But there is no doubting the kid is talented, you don't have a Andrew Bogut-like PER as a freshman if you don't have some ability.

Most of those flags are really about how young he is, the kid is 19 years old. It's too early to tell, some guys get it and other guys don't. But there is no doubting the kid is talented, you don't have a Andrew Bogut-like PER as a freshman if you don't have some ability.

I don't doubt his ability. It's clear he has top 5 talent in this draft. And he may turn out to be a great player. But if I have my pick of players that early in the draft, I'm not choosing the one with SEVERAL red flags, even if I'm giving up a little bit in talent in picking someone else who doesn't. Drafting players is hard enough to get right as it is, why take such an obvious risk so early in the draft (in this hypothetical situation)? Seems like a very easy "pass" to me, especially when he doesn't even fit a lot of the Jazz's specific needs (defensively particularly).

My great grandmother used to tell me something all the time that applies here: "Once a fat ***, always a fat ***."