What's new

Jazzfanz Fantasy Basketball 2012-13

calijazz

Winner of the 2011 Jazzfanz mock draft contest
I just renewed the Yahoo league we've had going for awhile. As always, the settings are adjustable but for now they are the same as last year. Draft date and time are tentative. As two-time defending champion of this league *cough* humble brag *cough*, I'm looking forward to a three-peat. And getting the bad taste out of my mouth from the mockery that is my fantasy football team this year.

Info needed to join in bold:

League ID#: 51043
League Name: Jazzfanz.com
Password: favors
Custom League URL: https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/jazzfanzcom
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sat Oct 20 10:00am PDT
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 15 Seconds
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 3
Trade End Date: March 7, 2013
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 4
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 21, 22 and 23 (8 teams) Note: Week 23 runs 7 days from Apr 1 to Apr 7
Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
Divisions: Yes (4 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN
Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)

Link: https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba

Last edited:
Joined last night. The 16 team league thing forces you to dig deep into the NBA rosters. I love it.

Should I join this year cali? I've been out the last two seasons after Archie complained so much three seasons ago. I know I've won a jazzfanz league before.

Should I join this year cali? I've been out the last two seasons after Archie complained so much three seasons ago. I know I've won a jazzfanz league before.

Yep, you're the only one to beat me out of the last four seasons (2009)!

But yeah, you definitely should kicky. I don't think Archie even joined this league last year, if that makes any difference to ya. And even if he did, I ain't taking any BS anymore. :cool:

Joined last night. The 16 team league thing forces you to dig deep into the NBA rosters. I love it.

If you think 16 teams is deep...it used to be 20 teams! But yeah, I like that challenge as well.

If you think 16 teams is deep...it used to be 20 teams! But yeah, I like that challenge as well.

I think I played in that one once. It was crazy. I remember scours the waiver wire to find someone playing 15 mpg.

Yahoo apparently thinks it can force me to give them a phone #. If I don't I can't log in. If somebody knows a way around this I'd love to be back but otherwise Yahoo can go F themselves. Sorry.

They require you to enter a code that they send to the #. I've been on Yahoo for a long long time. This is really F'd up if I'm not just failing to find the move on button.

Yeah, there's a link you can click to just skip that option. I think it's at the end of a paragraph, but I don't remember exactly where. I got that option a few days ago.

I'm not seeing that at all. When I sign in a new box appears prompting me to enter a # and select either receive call or receive SMS. There isn't an apparent way around it. I'm no expert though. It's pretty frustrating ATM.

If it bugs you that bad to give out your number just get a free google voice number real quick and use that.

If it bugs you that bad to give out your number just get a free google voice number real quick and use that.

It's the principle of the thing for me. F those guys if that's really how it is. I'll never visit a Yahoo site again if that's the case and I hope there's a lot of people that feel the same way. What I was looking for here is if others are experiencing this and if there is an option to decline that I'm missing. Yahoo has been losing value IIRC and seems like something that can rub people the wrong way is a really really bad way to treat people that have been hitting their site every day for over 10 years.

If you think it's silly that's fine with me.