What's new

jazzfanz is causing Firefox to freak out

colton

All Around Nice Guy
Contributor
For the last couple of days I've been having serious problems with jazzfanz, using Firefox. It causes the window to be repeatedly activated, where the mouse pointer repeatedly gets the hourglass icon next to it. Or if I've got a couple of Firefox windows open (is usually the case), it can cause Firefox to repeatedly switch from one window to another.

Doesn't happen in IE. Haven't tried Chrome.

I've seen this sort of behavior from at least one other website recently (Yahoo news, if I recall correctly), but none as often or consistent as jazzfanz.

Anyone else having this issue?

I just installed the flashblock add-on for Firefox and it seems to have solved the problem. Must have been related to one or more of the ads that used Flash.

I just installed the flashblock add-on for Firefox and it seems to have solved the problem. Must have been related to one or more of the ads that used Flash.

An admin blocking ads on a site that generates money by ads. Awesome.

Have you tried unplugging your computer, then plugging it back in?

That **** works like a charm every time

The fact that Flash is still as widespread as it is baffles me. Anyway, I haven't seen these issues (course I use Chrome). Anyone else? Maybe a fresh install of Flash? Sorry that the ads jacked your 'puter Colton.