What's new

Jazzfanz PACT...(If Hayward Leaves)

akirac73

In the event that Gordon Hayward leaves, can we all promise each other the following:

1. The name Gordon Hayward shall never be mentioned on this message board again (even in "General Discussion"). If you attempt to start threads discussing Gordon Hayward and what he's doing in Boston or Miami, you shall receive a lifetime ban from Jazzfanz.
2. Continue supporting the Jazz. We are Utah Jazz fans first and foremost. If you were only a Jazz fan because of Gordon Hayward, please be his fanboy somewhere else and never come back. Let's support the players that truly want to be here like Gobert, Favors, Ingles, Mitchell, etc.
3. Keep the faith. Dennis Lindsey and Jazz organization know what they're doing and have a backup plan. We will be okay.
4. If you have a Gordon Hayward haircut, or if you made your kids get one, please shave it off or wear a hat at all times.
5. If you own a Gordon Hayward jersey, you will burn it immediately.
6. Boo the **** out of Hayward everytime he plays against us.

OK. I think that covers it.
Thanks.

I will be extremely disappointed but I will have no hate for him if he goes to Boston. A lot of good reasons to go, on and off the court.

Sent from my SM-G920V using JazzFanz mobile app

If he leaves I will be too busy being heavily depressed to care about this pact. Just being honest.

No need for this. He has every right to do what he wants. He never did anything to alienate Jazz fans and was a standup guy. So why should we hate him?

78010c117afcd78f582bb1022bf7405e.jpg

Add this to your pact.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Got to admit that I hate all this drama. If he does leave now is there going to be anybody left for us to pick up in free agency to fill the void? I mean I assume it was Hayward and his agent that had the contract structured like this to begin with, with an opt out UFA clause. I don't like it. Right now we've got too many bad contracts on this team due to injury issues and signing Sir Highness to his lofty demands puts us over the cap anyway. Dude's all for himself.

But to answer your question, I like the organization and I love the young talent so yeah, I'm still a fan with him or without him. And no, I definitely don't feel like losing Hayward puts us into rebuild mode, not by a long shot. We'll be fine with him and we'll be fine without him.

No need for this. He has every right to do what he wants. He never did anything to alienate Jazz fans and was a standup guy. So why should we hate him?
And we have every right to do what we want. I'll boo him. According to DL, he wanted to be "the man" and the Jazz did everything to build the team around him. He knew whether he wanted to stay or leave before today. If he leaves, it was a decision made over the course of the last few years. He should have "Paul George'd" us and let Utah get some assets for him.

I can respect Paul George, He saw Indiana was going nowhere and let them know he wasn't interested in a rebuild. Utah is near the summit. It's a completely different scenario. I jokingly made what was probably too crude a remark in another thread. But if he leaves, I think it's more Robyn than Gordon that has made it a lifestyle choice (warm weather in Miami).

Every Jazz player who has left of his own accord - or forced their way out - is dead to me. I still cheer for players who wanted to play for Utah, but weren't offered contracts such as Booker, Millsap, Demarre...even Matthews. He wanted to stay, but Utah didn't match.

On the other hand...DWill (who refused to commit for the max), Hill, Loozer. Men without honor and pride in the Jazz. All dead to me.

Hayward could have a jersey in the rafters, probably even a statue next to the one that will be built for Gobert. If HE or if he lets his wife come in the way of that, well, sayonara.

I've made a vow to not talk ill of a jazzman. But depending on how things go tomorrow I might have a few reasons.

I think this thread is