What's new

Jazzfanz season awards?

latin jazz

I've been thinking about this the last few days. Has someone done it in the past? We could keep it light.

For instance, if we have to vote for Jazzfanz MVP, I would vote for JazzAvenues. He just makes the message board a more interesting place to hang out after each win.

Other categories:

LVP: utahjazzz with the stupidity against DM/Simmons dick riding
Most incredulous trade ideas: Lopo!
Angriest poster: franklin?
Contrarian of the year: we should just call this the Cy lifetime award
Gamethreads of the year: infection has done a really cool job with them (although TBH, haven't finished many of them :D)
Worst thread/take of the year: we all make mistakes. Anyway, I'm torn between "Ingles is awful" (GobertReport), "Quin must go" (JackStrop), "Gobert has got to go" (feeko)
Best rookie poster: there are some good new ones. Oneye has been solid

Any ideas how we should implement this? Voting? We definitely need a category for Yamers lol.

Last edited:
Best poster goes to JazzAvenues for all his hard work on the post game comments every win all year and then some.
IAWTP
JazzAvenues with the Donovan Mitchell comments during the dark times too. Solid stuff all season long.

Love the work Infection is doing with game threads too.

Those two should get some recognition. Everything else feels like a participation trophy, lol.

I'm sure there are behind the scenes guys who deserve credit too. I'm just not savvy enough to know who, or why.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Infection gets my vote for poster of the year.... Not just due to his gamethreads but he has been posting great (and often) overall.

I propose, should infection and JazzAvenues be so chosen, that we each kick in a few bucks to get them a shirt or hat or something. We could easily Venmo/PayPal that and make it happen.

Maybe JazzFanz could do one of those tunnel high-five promos, and at half time Steve Starks can present one of those big checks to the JazzFanz community for how we helped turn this season around. Props to @Bulletproof for the resurrection of game threads. And props to @JazzAvenues for his work. I debate on which is more challenging between doing the game threads or doing the post-game comments. On one hand, we get our game thread regardless (shout out to Carlos), but only get comments after we win. Though we’ve been winning a lot. I get the luxury (sort of) or having some time flexibility in posting threads, while JazzAvenues is up until midnight or 1:00 am mining those things. I’m curious how much his wife hates him for that, and am glad my pressure is a bit more flexible.

If we’re voting for best poster, do votes for Trout’s alts all count together? He could win by a plurality. Or perhaps we could have a category of “best Trout alt.”

Maybe JazzFanz could do one of those tunnel high-five promos, and at half time Steve Starks can present one of those big checks to the JazzFanz community for how we helped turn this season around. Props to @Bulletproof for the resurrection of game threads. And props to @JazzAvenues for his work. I debate on which is more challenging between doing the game threads or doing the post-game comments. On one hand, we get our game thread regardless (shout out to Carlos), but only get comments after we win. Though we’ve been winning a lot. I get the luxury (sort of) or having some time flexibility in posting threads, while JazzAvenues is up until midnight or 1:00 am mining those things. I’m curious how much his wife hates him for that, and am glad my pressure is a bit more flexible.

If we’re voting for best poster, do votes for Trout’s alts all count together? He could win by a plurality. Or perhaps we could have a category of “best Trout alt.”

There is way more creativity in infection doing the game threads than in my doing the post-game opposing team's forums comments. My piece is kind of down to a science with a repeatable process for getting it done. Every time infection does a game thread, it is new and different and kind of crazy.

As for staying up till one, that is true. My wife and I have season tickets, so we go to the game, drive home, and then we rewatch the game as I do the quotes.

I started doing the quotes to celebrate the agony and disappointment of the opposing team after they were Jingled or Gobert'd. I don't do them after loses because the whole point is to savor the salty taste of their tears, not to suffer the indignation of their celebrations

There is way more creativity in infection doing the game threads than in my doing the post-game opposing team's forums comments. My piece is kind of down to a science with a repeatable process for getting it done. Every time infection does a game thread, it is new and different and kind of crazy.

As for staying up till one, that is true. My wife and I have season tickets, so we go to the game, drive home, and then we rewatch the game as I do the quotes.

I started doing the quotes to celebrate the agony and disappointment of the opposing team after they were Jingled or Gobert'd. I don't do them after loses because the whole point is to savor the salty taste of their tears, not to suffer the indignation of their celebrations

You've been doing it for a couple of years now. Stop being humble. You're taking home the JFC MVP.

Your wife sounds cool as ****.

jazzavenue and infection. co mvp?

There is way more creativity in infection doing the game threads than in my doing the post-game opposing team's forums comments.

You've been doing it for a couple of years now. Stop being humble. You're taking home the JFC MVP.
Dammit. We can’t even have a Jazzfanz MVP award without it resembling Simmons vs. Mitchell.

Now we need infection to come on here and be an arrogant prick about how he’s the best, the award was always his to win and his numbers prove that he deserves the recognition.

Then it’ll seem just right between these two. . .

Dammit. We can’t even have a Jazzfanz MVP award without it resembling Simmons vs. Mitchell.

Now we need infection to come on here and be an arrogant prick about how he’s the best, the award was always his to win and his numbers prove that he deserves the recognition.

Then it’ll seem just right between these two. . .
I take the Donovan approach and realize that my value is not measured in recognition or MVP votes, but in smiles, in laughs, and in the fan base’s expanded knowledge of Jazz history.