What's new

Jazzfanz slow to load last few days?

Still happening? Noticed your post was in the middle of the night and perhaps a backup was running at that moment but you did mention a few days.
It’s only slow for Jazzfanz, and it’s intermittent.

I’ve tried loading other websites and have had no issues. Have cleared cache.

Is there anything you could suggest I do? Maybe a setting in modem config to reduce latency or security preference in the browser?

It’s only slow for Jazzfanz, and it’s intermittent.

I’ve tried loading other websites and have had no issues. Have cleared cache.

Is there anything you could suggest I do? Maybe a setting in modem config to reduce latency or security preference in the browser?
You're in Thailand, right? On VPN or anything?

You're in Thailand, right? On VPN or anything?
Yep. Nope no VPN. It’s strange cos when I switch to my cellular 5G it’s not an issue.. only an issue with Wi-Fi .. could it be a configuration that I have to change with the modem?

But then other sites are all fine.. only started happening after the draft.

Yep. Nope no VPN. It’s strange cos when I switch to my cellular 5G it’s not an issue.. only an issue with Wi-Fi .. could it be a configuration that I have to change with the modem?

But then other sites are all fine.. only started happening after the draft.
Have you tried another browser by chance? What OS and browser? Any ad blockers?

Have you tried another browser by chance? What OS and browser? Any ad blockers?
Ok so I’m primarily using Safari on iPad.

I thought about ad blocker when you mentioned it and went to Settings and turned “block pop ups” off.

The page loads lightning fast now.

There was an iOS update a few weeks back, wonder if that turned on the ad blocker by default?

Anyway thanks so much!

I thought about ad blocker when you mentioned it and went to Settings and turned “block pop ups” off.

There was an iOS update a few weeks back, wonder if that turned on the ad blocker by default?

Anyway thanks so much!
Hmm. Popup blocker shouldn’t have done that much. Weird. Thanks for letting me know though.

Anyway thanks so much!
Do you get popups on JF?

Hmm. Popup blocker shouldn’t have done that much. Weird. Thanks for letting me know though.
It’s been loading lightning fast ever since.

All I could think of is the pop up blocker must have been working in the background and hence slowing down the loading of the page somehow.