Gobert - 131min - OFFRTG 106.9 - DEFRTG 113.6 - NETRTG : -6.7
Conley - 108min - OFFRTG 106.2 - DEFRTG 114.7 - NETRTG : -8.6
Mitchell - 135min - OFFRTG 105.4 - DEFRTG 114.2 - NETRTG : -8.8
Bogdanovic - 135min - OFFRTG 106.3 - DEFRTG 116.6 - NETRTG : -10.4
Mudiay - 45min - OFFRTG 94.9 - DEFRTG 110.3 - NETRTG : -15.4
Ingles - 110min - OFFRTG 93.3 - DEFRTG 109.5 - NETRTG : -16.2
Davis - 35min - OFFRTG 85.1 - DEFRTG 103.9 - NETRTG : -18.8
Green - 62min - OFFRTG 78.8 - DEFRTG 114.0 - NETRTG : -35.2

When O'Neale is replaced by Green, problems start...
Niang must replace Green in the rotation.

Tonight at least Niang had a pulse when he was in. Right now the chemistry with this team is all messed up and perhaps it will improve as the season goes on.

He is part of the collective problem, and even though he's played somewhat better than the last time I roasted him, I still stand by my opinion that we cannot take Green and Mudiay to the playoffs.

The problem is, is that we don't really have much room to maneuver, and we don't have much trade value in our pieces that we're willing to let go. I think we're pretty much stuck with this team, and bench especially, for the whole season.

The problem is, is that we don't really have much room to maneuver, and we don't have much trade value in our pieces that we're willing to let go. I think we're pretty much stuck with this team, and bench especially, for the whole season.

Andy Larsen mentioned a week or two ago in one of his articles that the front office is going to be very aggressive in the buyout market, that may be our best hope for improving the bench.

Andy Larsen mentioned a week or two ago in one of his articles that the front office is going to be very aggressive in the buyout market, that may be our best hope for improving the bench.

Actually that's right, he did say that. Cheers.

I just looked at the post for that. I gravitated towards Tyson Chandler and Wilson Chandler.

the front office is going to be very aggressive in the buyout market

SMH. The jazz are going to be agressive. They say that at every deadline, draft, and signing period. I get it, because what else can they say?

Based on past history I think it means the jazz will give away several assets for an old guy who won't be here next season.

Maybe they will suprise us and agressively pursue a buyout with Conley, Davis and Green.

SMH. The jazz are going to be agressive. They say that at every deadline, draft, and signing period. I get it, because what else can they say?

Based on past history I think it means the jazz will give away several assets for an old guy who won't be here next season.

Maybe they will suprise us and agressively pursue a buyout with Conley, Davis and Green.
I don't see that happening. Even if Conley doesn't work out here, he still has value and could work well in another system. Plus next year when he ops in, that expiring contract has value.

Davis, Green, Mudiay can contibute, be good role players. That's it. They're not journeymen for no reason. I trust coaching staff to get some juice out of them.
OTOH Mitchell, Bogdanovich, Ingles, O'Neal, Conley are the team constructed around Gobert abilities/inabilities. If they don't gel, there's nothing the other guys can do.

Last edited:
Rofl, you take the last 4 games and show Niang has the highest +/- when he leads the team in NEGATIVE overall. The problems are not Mudiay or Green. They're on VET MINIMUMS. It's a 31 million dollar point guards problem, a 14 million dollar Ingles problem, a not playing team ball problem. Not a Green problem

Jeff is a small problem... but only because his energy slides up and down and he never passes.

Conley is the first problem. His midrange shooting has been really bad compared to years past. I don't think that is an age or system thing... just a slump... I think it comes back or he needs to stop shooting it.

DM's recent play is an issue as well. I was encouraged when he was taking more 15 footers to start the season. Those are easier shots and he's good at them. Shoots like 50% on those... on floaters he is like 31%. Nearly 25% of his shots are coming from floater range. The adjustments are fairly easy imo which is frustrating that he hasn't used them. Either take one less dribble and work in the 15-18 foot range or take one or two more dribbles and work into the paint. Drawing the defense all the way in will lead to more fouls and more offensive opportunities...

But the biggest adjustment the guys need to do is to drive to pass at times. Lure the defense in but primarily the intention is to setup other guys. If teams drop the big it should open up other stuff if we don't just shoot the ****** shot. Look outside...

Warning - Terrible rec ball comparison coming. Many teams play a full zone in rec basketball... driving to score is really impossible if they have a decent big... zones are easy to beat with competent guys playing together. When the big is camped out I drive only to set guys up on the outside or drop off to the big when the rim guy... if you have one or two spot up shooters the ball rotates until it finds those guys. Playing against a drop big is similar... our guys need to realize that ball movement will open up better opportunities for everyone and the pie doesn't need to decrease. The most frustrating thing is playing with guys that drive into brick walls time and time again.