What's new

Jeff Van Gundy? (poll)

Should we fire Corbin and Hire Jeff Van Gundy?

• Yes

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Give it 10 more games

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Seriously? Jeff Van Gundy?

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
1. I'm not ready to give up on Corbin just yet. At least give the guy a full year before we start calling for his head.
2. Van Gundy is in a position to were he can choose his job when he sees fit. Does he really want to come to Utah and build a young team? Or would he rather be gifted a talented, established team? (Nets once they fire Avery and sign Howard?)

Also, you really want the guy who couldn't get out of the 1st round with a team as talented as Houston?

I agree that this year is fair in terms of whether we keep Corbin or not. I don't really think you can just rely on the Jazz record to determine whether he has done a good job or not. I will say that it is fair to be critical. Give him the year and if the Jazz continue to play lackluster defense and look sloppy on offense, then fire him.

Yes, but he'll say no.

Not if Greggy boy offers to give him a different colored honda to drive each day.

I'd love for JVG to coach the Jazz. We might see some defensive effort from some Vets!!! Right now I really question if the players have any respect for Ty Corbin!

dream: Fire Corbin: Hire Phil Jackson. Trade Jefferson,Harris,Raja,Enes,Burks,Miles, #1 pick for Howard & Jameer Nelson. Pick up Ostertag/ d league scrubs.

It would be a loss for the NBA to send him back to coaching, he's one of the few NBA commentators worth listening to.

Doug Collins was one of my favs before he got back into coaching, now we have to listen to Reggie :(

No, I want the guy who took a mediocre Knicks team to the NBA Finals.
In 98-99 the only thing "mediocre" about the Knicks was their disappointing regular season record. Alot of roster turnover combined with the shortened training camp from the lockout and they never found a rhythm through 50 games - to the point Van Gundy would've been fired if not for their suprising playoff run. The had top-6 NBA talent though.

JVG is a terrific defensive coach but a sub-par offensive one and I don't think he's the right guy to coach up a bunch of "young guys."

I wanna to take it as a joke. RA don't know how to use a powerful C & PF.... He just takes it as guard... Can you imagine AJ or Fevors play like Brand Miller...

Miller is a good brand of beer, and no, I don't get fevors from it. Thanks for asking though.

In 98-99 the only thing "mediocre" about the Knicks was their disappointing regular season record. Alot of roster turnover combined with the shortened training camp from the lockout and they never found a rhythm through 50 games - to the point Van Gundy would've been fired if not for their suprising playoff run. The had top-6 NBA talent though.

JVG is a terrific defensive coach but a sub-par offensive one and I don't think he's the right guy to coach up a bunch of "young guys."

Thank you for proving my point.

Thank you for proving my point.
I didn't realize your initial point was that Jeff Van Gundy's Knicks and Rockets teams didn't overachieve and often under-achieved with one shocking exception in 1999 that saved him from being fired, but you're welcome.